26 inch whizzer disc brake front wheel

GoldenMotor.com

timeflys

Jan 6, 2010
baltimore
Hello everyone, does anyone know where to buy a complete 26 inch whizzer heavy duty spoked front xct2xct2wheel with a disc brake setup? I already have a reproduction rear sheeve wheel with a drum brake with heavy duty spokes. The rim is black with chrome spokes and I would like to find a front wheel that matches with a disc brake setup. Any help will be much appreciated. timeflys

VOETOM

Jul 20, 2008
Doug, 1950 Schwinn straight bar frame with late model import engine but lots of Whizzer old parts.
Tom

Attachments

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Imho, A Cheap Way To Make A Front Disc Brake. Take A Rear Wheel, Screw The Cassette Off , Put On A $7. Free Wheel Adapter And Adapt A Disc Or $10. Sprocket. Mount In Front Fork With Disc On Left Side. Comments Appreciated. Ron .cvlt1

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Imho, A Cheap Way To Make A Front Disc Brake. Take A Rear Wheel, Screw The Cassette Off , Put On A $7. Free Wheel Adapter And Adapt A Disc Or $10. Sprocket. Mount In Front Fork With Disc On Left Side. Comments Appreciated. Ron .cvlt1
I'd like to build a wheel like this. Can you explain about the freewheel adaptor and "adapt a disc"?

I have a 2006 Whizzer that I refuse to ride until I can install a disc brake.

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
5-7, I Bought Some Used Bike`s With Disc Brake`s So I Never Did Do This, But It Should Work Fine. The Free Wheel Adapters Are Hardened Steel And Tough. If You Use A Sprocket For Disc, The Dia. Will Need To Be Considered. "tnc Scooters.com" Has Been Great To Deal With. Free Wheel Adapter 4 Bolt Holes Part#203170 $7., 72 Tooth 8mm Chain Sprocket Part # 103290 $10. They Will Combine Sh. Plastic Fuel Filter #206115 $2.. One After Thought. When Holding The Brake, The Free Wheel Bearing Will Let The Bicycle Roll Backwards!! The Bearing Could Be Welded (with Care). Ron .cvlt1

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Be cautious with the freewheel adapters though they arent all universal size, I have three that I bought from a scooter website that has a different size hole pattern for disc brake rotor mounting than a bicycle uses.
Cheers

Hi Everyone,

Tom made me 2 wheels several years ago using the vintage Schwinn disc brake system and the only problem I had was getting used to the untra quick stopping power.

My 2007 Whizzer Ambassador has disc brakes, but aren't as smooth as the units Tom converted.

Have fun,

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
How do you install a front disc brake on a 2006 Whizzer? Is there a replacement fork, or do you weld a bracket onto the existing fork?