new pirate worksman build

GoldenMotor.com

dv8cam

Dec 15, 2008
Los Angeles
Hey Justin,
I have finally finished up the prototype Worksman tank for your new line of bikes. Pirate decals will be here shortly. Here are the very first photos. I will start a thread in the general section with more info. I sure hope I got the shape right. Tank is 100% stainless steel except for the o-ring and breather on the gas cap. Oh, and the cap is aluminum.

Nice. How much will they sell for?

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Flybytaco,
I had this tank all welded up and thought about you and how you want a rough finish tank. I almost didn't grind it out, but figured I better just finish this one up to get an idea of total fab time. They really look hand made anyway, and I think you will be happier with the totally finished version. Besides, these things take on a mind of their own so it's hard to make every weld perfect on sheet metal. There is probably two feet of welding on this thing and that gives me plenty of time to screw it up. Talk to Justin, but I could just as easily send it out to you.

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
Hey Sportscarpat

Super sweet job on that tank..
It is a beautiful work of art.

I would love to see a super long teardrop shape tank for my Pirate Mountain Bike.

What do you think?

In the meantime............Justin I need a worksman.
I love this idea of making a pirate ship.
I can sport it around town with my pirate T-Shirt.

Rock on......

Keep up the outstanding work.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Flybytaco,
This tank really should go on your bike as you seem to be the farthest along with the Pirate build. It might have to swing through Justin as I know he wants to get his fingerprints on it first. Can I make a suggestion for your build? I know you have some pretty cool handlebars already, but with those motorcycle style forks you have on it maybe you should run some custom clip-on bars. CNC billet clamps and chrome or stainless bar ends. I hope this CAD picture makes sense. These clamp to the fork tubes between the triple clamps. Adjust the height to where your comfortable, clamp them down and away you go! Oh yah, made in the good old USA!

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
i'm a motorcycle tech pat that drawing makes tons of sense ship the tank to justin the bike im buildin is his already lol i like the idea of those clip ons too nice

makaworx

Dec 1, 2009
The Netherlands
Stunning.
The price is high ( not for the work that went in ofcourse ) but so worth every penny.

So now we wait for the acme v twin to complete the work of art.
I wonder if it would fit in there or that it will need a boardtrack frame.

btw what ever happend to that workman boardtracker frame that was supposed to be built ?

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
This is only slightly off subject. I wonder if one of you can give me the diameter of the upper cross bar on the newsboy frame. I just made a cylindrical tank for mine and need to know the crossbar diameter for the hanger which will go at each end of the tank. My Worksman is back in Minnesota and I'm in Maryland for the next couple months. It would be really helpful to have that dimension so I can have it all ready to mount when the time comes. That bike is going to get a pirate engine when the time comes. Great thread to follow, you guys.

Attachments

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Hi Silverbear,
The front section frame tubes are all 1" O.D. Sounds like you'll be a busy man when you get back to Minnesota.
Pat

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hi Silverbear,
The front section frame tubes are all 1" O.D. Sounds like you'll be a busy man when you get back to Minnesota.
Pat
Thank you,Pat. Yes, I'll be happily busy working on bikes to sell and swatting mosquitoes as soon as the snow is gone back in northern Minnesota. I want to be home by the time of the fishing opener mid May. So, I'm doing all of the little things I can while here and while away snowy and rainy weather with indoor projects like gas tanks. Once home I'll also be mounting that "Motorbike" prototype tank you made on the 50 Schwinn which is really going to make that bike.
SB

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
There,this looks better. Let the experts work out the graphics. I need to go sharpen my tungsten (welder joke).

Last edited:

Journeyman

Feb 22, 2010
Long Island
Branding

Hello, Have you thought of a period correct style tank graphic? I made the graphics for my two tanks and would be happy to help. I just think the decal you have is a little modern for a board track. I'm a commercial artist with a specialty in branding and am sure we can come up with something custom that will lend itself to the period styling of the bike if your interested.

Attachments

troyboy

Your East Coast Gasbike Connection
Apr 18, 2009
Wista ma
Period correct pirate themed will be considered for sure... Is that something you can make happen?
Show us what your thinking.....

Justin

Journeyman

Feb 22, 2010
Long Island
Branding

I could put something together, first off what do you want to call these bikes? or do you just want to use the company name? Second, do you have a particular style another company has that you like as reference? Such as Indian, Harley, Excelsior, or Deuce? I think something like the Excelsior but instead of the x you can do the crossed swords but in a vintage classy way.

Here is some of my logo work...Branding & Identity - a set on Flickr

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I think you should use your standard logo with your skull & bones. (maybe change it to fit the tank a little better)
You want people to read it when it's parked & know where to go to get one! ;)

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
What? No one likes the decal. Oh well, I'm just a welder after all. We can lose the logo but lets keep the tank.