EZM Dresser Build

GoldenMotor.com

RecycleBill

Oct 31, 2009
Greensboro, North Carolina
EZM Dresser Build

A friend sent me this today: moped I know nothing about it but thought some of you might be interested.

After owning a Harley Davidison Superglide (1978 1/2) I always wanted to take the next step up and get an Electraglide. Sadly I never did.

That's why I've decided to make my first EZM build a dresser with windshield, chrome springer, long chrome exhaust pipe and a set of fiberglass saddlebags made by the same friend who sent me the link above. You see, he makes an occasional set of custom built fiberglass bags for motorcycles but my set will be his first motorized bicycle bags. If folks like them I think I can get him to make more.

I've picked a brand new 26" Huffy Cranbrook like this one Walmart.com: 26" Men's Huffy Cranbrook Cruiser Bike, Champagne: Bikes, Scooters & Skates to build upon. It's going to be a really tight fit but I think I can make it work.

I began by installing the mount that came with my EZM kit but learned the factory mount pushed the engine too far to the rear and would only work if I ran the engine without an air cleaner. Something I suggest you don't do.

So I rounded up some scrap metal, got out my welder, angle grinder and chop saw and went to work on a prototype mount. It's not the prettiest thing in the world but for the most part it will be hidden from view.

I was almost ready to bolt my mount to the Huffy and test fit the engine when my brother called to ask for my help in getting his Toyota off the side of the road-- seems he needed a new fuel filter.

Anyway, if it fits I'll take pictures at each stage so you can see how it goes.

:-||

RecycleBill

Oct 31, 2009
It fits! I got the EZM 4 stroke to fit on the Huffy Cranbrook! She's shoehorned in but she's in. I didn't have time to test fit last night so I came home from work tonight and set the EZM in place just minutes ago. The rope at the top is because I've yet to bolt the motor mount to the frame. And remember this is not a stock motor mount.

What you can't see from the picture is the fact that the air cleaner is touching the frame at the rear meaning the engine will have to be pulled to replace the filter element. But that's okay 'cause that means I get to make a custom adapter to fit a K&N filter!

I've yet to check to see if the pedals clear but I'm not concerned as I can work that out as well.

Imagine this baby with fat bobs, a springer, windshield and fiberglass saddlebags. And perhaps some mud flaps. The dresser I never had.

I think I'll name this Project EZ Glide.

.shft.

Last edited:
Hi RecycleBill,

Lookin' good!

Please consider adding an additional front fender brace on your Huffy, as the fender can drop when the fender tab breaks. We installed an additional brace on the Schwinn DelMar we used for testing for the same reason [tab breaks].

By now you should have the first production EZM Q-Matic on the east coast, be sure to let us know how you like it.

Have fun,

RecycleBill

Oct 31, 2009
Hi RecycleBill,

Lookin' good!

Please consider adding an additional front fender brace on your Huffy, as the fender can drop when the fender tab breaks. We installed an additional brace on the Schwinn DelMar we used for testing for the same reason [tab breaks].

By now you should have the first production EZM Q-Matic on the east coast, be sure to let us know how you like it.

Have fun,
Consider nothing! I'm doing exactly like you said. I once had a front fender break on a full size motorcycle-- I'll not let that happen again!

And yes, I do have the first production EZM Q-Matic in my possession but my first customer is coming to pick it up on Saturday so I won't get to play with it until he finishes mounting it. He's a good friend and former business partner so I'll have no problem keeping up with the EZM Q-Matic.

brnot