my front motor mount

GoldenMotor.com

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
For my first build I chose to use the Cranbrook from wal mart. I later found out that I had to custom make a front motor mount. I was up for the challenge, but It was So much harder than I thought.

I can see how others say its so easy but on your first build it isnt (for me atleast). I had to make three trips to ACE and more to Lowes, I wish I knew people around here that had a shop of some sort that have scrap metal because I bought a piece of steel and it wasnt cheap. It took three times to finally get everything perfect(so I thought) and once I finally tightened it all together, I guess I tightened the rear mount to tight and the mount ripped in half. So I used the original front motor mount on the back and It worked fine. I was so stoked I finally got it mounted, BUT when I looked closely the motor was slightly crooked and the drive chain sprocket was going towards my rear spokes. Now I gotta start over. *#&#@#$%^

Attachments

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Findin' scrap steel is pretty easy, the ol' lady would never notice her car has... o_O

I may have said too much :D

Anyhoo I wish you luck, yer gettin' there, I'd rely on the rear mount mostly for truing alignment - then tighten the front. It helped with my build at least.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
You gotta know where to look though and I just moved to this town and have no idea where anything is or where to look. I guess I was a little excited and was moving to quickly. I tighted the front all the way and then tighteded the rear. I think im gonna even out the tightening on my next attempt.

247Jude

Apr 4, 2009
Sudbury
I am using a muffler clamp, bushing from a bike axil and a bolt and nut. You can get the stuff at any automotive parts place, or hardware store. I welded the bushing to the clamp so the hole is in the same direction as would be the mufler pipe. The bolt goes through that being held in place with the nut. The clamp is put around the down tube above where the motor sits. Tighten the bolt till it pushes the motor down. the rear mount must be in place once tight tighten the rear mount. This will work even with the front mount broken.

the willi

Apr 21, 2009
west covina,ca
it look like there is enough people that allready help you out so can we see some picture soon !!!!!!!!! hava a great day
the willidnutdnutdnut

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
my front mount fit directly to my cranbrook lol
What kind of 2 stroke did you buy????I hear that some of the new engines have wider front mounts....I bought 2 Raw engines a couple weeks ago and want to take one to my local wal-mart,but they dont have any of the cranbrooks in stock....
John-John