motor mount help on a pacific evolution

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
That bike?

Sorry man - that's a rack mount (behind the seat) or an electric hub motor - and that's about it... :(

There's just NO room, but chain-drive rack mounts can be sweet too ;)

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
The "80cc" Grubee Starfires or similar? (which BTW are really only 66cc or so)

err... I'm sure McGyver could do it - but for the rest of us mere mortals it wouldn't be worth it to even try.

Yet rack mount engine kits are common and not terribly expensive and I'm sure some come in similar displacements, I haven't messed w/em in ages - dig around the forum and ask a few of the rack mount guys wassup - I'm sure they'll love to point you in the right direction!

That'd be a sweet ride w/a rack mount - lookin' forward to seein' you build it!

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
np man ;)

The more I think on it - the more I suppose it could be done... build a rack with a center piece made from tubing bent to fit the mounts on the motor, or a plate mount you see some of the chopper guys with, the bottom of the drive sprocket's housing would need to be cut away so as to let the chain go down instead of back....

No.. there's got to be more probs than that lol and it's makin' my brain hurt o_O

still... one of these "80s" rack-mounted... There's gotta be someone bored enough to try it :D

Last edited:

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Has been done! i have seen 1 on here... or the other place a HT rack mounted on a Road bike maybe. it was white! Tilted the other way i think it was cut around the bottom of the drive sprocket cover for the chain to come through and a different inlet manifold to keep the carb level.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
the motor in your pic is smaller than actual size so it wont fit there.
if u use that bike u would need a rack mount and a cheap one starts at $250.
if i was u i would get another bike so u could use a cheap $109+ 2-stroke in frame mount engine kit.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
It's true our frames are different - but I figured this might give ya an idea of the scale problem ;) I also have my (relatively huge) seat higher than I would like even though I'm over 6' tall, a consequence of the seat-post mounted rear rack... I've gotta change that - tho for the pic's purpose it helps show how your mount idea is somewhat problematic even though you have room there... sorta.

notice the... urm... intrusive carburetor :p

*and yes - I did scratch my tank a lil puttin the motor there heh *shakes head* I'm silly at 4am o_O

Last edited:

BLKWIDO

Sep 28, 2009
Birch Bay, Washington
nice, so u have two motors? thats cool, and i think if i develop a good mount system i should be ok and i like my seat high so the carb shouldnt be an issue, at least i hope not haha thanks for all ur advice man, helps alot ;]

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Yeah - the Skyhawk is for my winter project, it's an addiction man ;)

Honestly, much as "custom" builds are awesome - if you really want one of these "80s" I'd seriously consider getting another bike (one the motor fits on). Used bikes are cheap as heck, I've seen 'em fer $15 at yard sales - even a Walmart special for $100 or so just to see what yer getting into.

That way you know the build wont be a problem and you can ride yer bike all the sooner. You can always switch the gear over should you want to/figure out the mount issue.

I think yer bike is perfect for a rack mount... but it's yer baby and I can't wait to see what ya do w/it!

Last edited: