Morini Seized up ?

GoldenMotor.com

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
Anyone a Morini expert?--this is a new engine with about 6-8 tanks of fuel thru it not run hard--went out for a 1/2 tank ride today-only wound it out a couple of short bursts-mix at 32:1-went along at a medium pace on the bike path and came to a cross road it shut off-i have it set at a low idol-now the crank start is seized--hope its not a piston-i guess i should take off the kick start cover ?

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
I am not a moroni expert by any means .
I used one with a cvt transmission until it also siezed .
VERY EXPENSIVE DAMAGE!
They seem to make too much heat with their horsepower.

I switched to a ddm gp460 running 24 to 1 castor synthetic aircooled oil.with 91 octane fuel.
The ambient temp is so hot here over 110 F. the variator weights in the cvt melt if I only use three.
The gp 460 just keeps on running .
It does prefer air temps less than 110 F , though.

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
dnut
Great News--for me anyhow--the Morini engine did not seize--Pipelyne (Santa Cruz Scooter Works the supplier) said he doubted very much if it was seized--as instructed i laid the bike on its side so all of the 10w-30 oil did not drain out-oil is for the kickstart--removed the plug it wasnt seized-tested piston with a small screwdriver--kickstart cover was quite loose and was jamming somehow--probably the border agents looked inside! anyway reasembled - works great

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Good to see it wasn't anything serious Robin. When I first saw your post I said to myself: "No way could that motor be seized. These motors can take some serious beating."