Hassle from the laws at Oshkosh fly in?

GoldenMotor.com

bigoilbob

Dec 15, 2013
St. Louis, Missouri
Checked the forum for Wisconsin laws and I think I'm ok. Might need a horn but that's it. Also checked for local regs and came up short. But if I recall, there was a poster that rode there locally, uneventfully.

But does anyone have experience at the fly in itself? Plan is to use my tandem recumbent to take my wife and me from the campground to the parking lot, thereby saving ourselves a probable daily traffic jam. Our m'bike should also turn the heads of some in the gismo crowd, which is always fun.

Any tips or tricks? An experience based "Don't do it" with reasoning behind it would be carefully considered....

Thx

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I was there a few years ago and saw a guy in a motorized recliner chair. He was riding it around and nobody bothered him.

Tom

bigoilbob

Dec 15, 2013
St. Louis, Missouri
Thank you Tom. May I please exploit your experience? Will they stop us at the parking lot, or will we be able to get to the displays, fields, etc. on our motorized tandem? As is obvious, this will be my/our first visit.

Thx for that in advance.....

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Bob,
It's been five years since my last Oshkosh. Heaven only knows what's changed. I've always flown in and stayed with a friend at his house. Security being what it is today at most large public gatherings I can only guess at what they might allow or disallow. Pedal bikes used to be a common sight but that might have changed.
Would it be possible to contact someone with the event to ask? There might be an FAQ setion you could look at on a website.

Tom

bigoilbob

Dec 15, 2013
St. Louis, Missouri
Thx Tom;

I glanced at one such forum, but I'll join it and search. Along with enjoying the experience as a whole, I hope to find a workshop on small ultralight motor repair, so I can maybe get a fix for an old paramotor. Not really a big deal, but most makers don't do much for support of their older models...