What would happen if the EPA seized a shipment of engines?

GoldenMotor.com

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
here's the thing though, if I put one of those catalytic mufflers onto that engine on that table, would it not suddenly pass their regulations?

also they talk about numbers of small engines not passing regulations but not about the levels of greenhouse gas emission of said engines. this is important because they are more than likely wasting resources fighting a small battle with this.
a little reading for perspective
TL/DR for that link: "Agriculture accounts for 52 and 84% of global anthropogenic methane and nitrous oxide emissions. "

moreover, if the 'issue' of small engine emissions is still such a big one it would be more economically efficient to offer assistance with maintaining a standard rather than confiscating shipped goods.
basically the cost of stopping the shipment and destroying the devices is much more than just giving a cheque to anyone with an illegal motor that covers modification/replacement.
that also is just in dollars, consider that the engines they have confiscated have already been built and shipped, the whole point of this is reducing greenhouse gas emissions, most of which that these engines will produce they do by being manufactured and delivered. basically all of the engines in question are for recreational vehicles.

I don't know how many tax-dollars were spent to secure those seven hundred-some-odd engines and it does say in that article that $57,000 are to be acquired through the resultant fines.
but if I knew how much was spent on the operation, and how much of the fines were spent on court costs, but I bet you they spent significantly more money net than $26,250 (plus shipping and handling)