wanting to put a motor on my 2013 specialized rockhopper pro

GoldenMotor.com

Jacquiinaz

Apr 22, 2014
Yuma, Arizona
I would like to put a motor on my 2013 specialized rockhopper pro. it is a stock bike no modifications.
I need to know what motor will work for this bike, i am 200lb rider, that will occasionally be using a utility trailer with a maximum weight of 100lbs total weight. i am not looking for top speed, I live in arizona and would like to be able to not have to strain in the heat of mid day but will be expecting to use the motor frequently.
I want to know what modifications i will need to make to have this be as safe and stable as possible
Thanks for any and all your advice.
J

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I would like to put a motor on my 2013 specialized rockhopper pro. it is a stock bike no modifications.
I need to know what motor will work for this bike, i am 200lb rider, that will occasionally be using a utility trailer with a maximum weight of 100lbs total weight. i am not looking for top speed, I live in arizona and would like to be able to not have to strain in the heat of mid day but will be expecting to use the motor frequently.
I want to know what modifications i will need to make to have this be as safe and stable as possible
Thanks for any and all your advice.
J
Hi J.
Is this your bike?
http://www.bikeparts.com/search_results.asp?id=BPCK100567&gclid=CITMt_mr9b0CFUGRfgodJykAdA
Nice bike and a 2-stroke will drop right in with no issues I can see, even to mount the rear direct drive sprocket either.

The issue you will face with the impending 120F+ temps this summer is frying the thing.
Keep your run time under 1/2 an hour continuous without a cool off time and you should be OK.