Awesome Engine Mounting Brackets.....

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
These are the brackets I used to mount my 99cc Predator in a Dyno-Glide beach cruiser frame. The inner orange sleeve is fiberglass tubing that is epoxied to the aluminum sleeve. The inside diameter is precisely 1" and fits the Dyno seat tube like a glove.

Sure wish I knew where to get more of these clamps.....maybe I'll find a machinist that's willing to give it a go......

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Is that frame steel or aluminum? If steel, why not weld up a set of mounts. They'd be smaller and simpler to fabricate and stronger than something clamped on.
Those mounts you show are nice but a little over-engineered and bulky. A nice simple welded mount would look and work better. In my humble opinion.

Tom

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
Those clamps are sweet. Your stuff always looks like it was engineered for its exact purpose and very professional, the kind of thinking i need to emulate more often.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Is that frame steel or aluminum? If steel, why not weld up a set of mounts. They'd be smaller and simpler to fabricate and stronger than something clamped on.
Those mounts you show are nice but a little over-engineered and bulky. A nice simple welded mount would look and work better. In my humble opinion.

Tom
The frame is steel and I like that original paint color so much, I decided to preserve it. Welded on or otherwise brackets of steel would have ruined it. Look better and work better? I think not as these are stronger than any welds added to a frame. And the price was right....FREE! If you'll notice not only do they clamp the engine mounting plate to the frame, they also hold the jack shaft mounting plate as well.......dual purpose clamps at that.

Look better.....really?

Just my humble opinon.

Those are some pretty clamps.

Looks like they maybe made by AFT Fasteners that make mil spec clamps. The first picture, you can see AFT engraved into the clamp on the left.

http://www.aftfasteners.com/milspec-fasteners

Chris
AKA: BigBlue
If you look at these pics, you'll think otherwise.......FORE, AFT, PORT.....etc.

They were made by a company called Ashtech and I believe they were part of GPS tracking devices of some type. I think one landed in my friends backyard as this is how I obtained them......6 clamps all told.

I really like them, wish I could find some more.....

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Whatever.
Yes, it is an HT but the same concept could be applied to any engine.
Clamped is stronger than welding? How do you figure that?

Tom
That's pretty funny.....your reply reminded me of this:

:D

In this case yes, clamped with these clamps is stronger than heating this old frame and adding another metal to secure this 99cc engine. Look at how the engine and jack shaft are mounted to plates.....how much welding to accomplish the same mounting? Way too much. This was simpler and easier, not to mention once again.....free.

skitchfish

Oct 27, 2010
Michigan
OK the women vocabulary poster is funny but I was still laughing at the thought of you possibly having some of NASA's equipment on your motorized bicycle.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Where do you think transistors and electronics come from? Even the humble china doll has some NASA roots in the CDI box.
And didn't you know the shuttles all have a little known, top secret "pedal home" emergency option? (The pedals fold out under the cockpit)