how to build a Micargi Puma stretch !!! (youtube)

GoldenMotor.com

abefroman

Sep 13, 2013
new orleans
Here's a 2 minute video i shot last night of my progress with the Micargi Puma GTS. I posted a thread with a drawing of the sprocket holes required for the 68 spoke wheel - to use as a template with a drill press. you can see in the video where the unused original 9 holes are in the sprocket. I fabricated two mounts for the 3 chain guides needed to 1) "thread the needle" to keep the chain from hitting the frame and the tire. 2) keep the chain under the frame from the bottom of the sprocket to the motor, and 3) to keep the pedal side chain low to avoid hitting the bottom of the motor (if necessary). I'm going to try to use a spring actuated chain tensioner i got off ebay that mounts to the outside of the pulley case

I still have to fabricate motor mounts - I'll post pics of whatever I cobble together. I'll probably break out the MIG and weld something up.

check it out.....

http://youtu.be/5NTooFjowaA

oh, also - I've attached the final sprocket hole template drawing for the 68 spoke wheel here as well. it's an autocad drawing converted to .jpg for some reason i cant seem to post the autocad drawing here. I havent printed this out to see if it is to scale, but it might be. if anyone wants the autocad .dwg or .dxf I can email it. cheers.

Attachments

abefroman

Sep 13, 2013
new orleans
yep, it's almost done. I probably could have built 3 regular motorized bikes in the time it's taken me to put this one together. But now that I've done it, I could build another one in half the time. also note that I bought my micargi puma from amazon for $238 shipped. Now they are out of stock and the price is more like $400+ !!!

more pics and details to come