My Speaker setup

GoldenMotor.com

Randog707

Oct 18, 2009
Fairfield,ca
Heres the info from the web site. Parts-Express.com:Dayton DTA-1 Class T Digital Amplifier 15 WPC | Dayton audio t amp t-amplifier t-amp t amp t amplifier class t amplifier class-t amplifier class t tripath tri-path tri path tripath amplifier stereo amplifier multimedia amplifier bo

Don't let the compact size fool you; Dayton Audio's DTA-1 amplifier has the heart of a serious performer. A proprietary Class-T amplifier chip makes the DTA-1 88% efficient while producing imaging, dynamics, and sound quality that rivals esoteric tube amplifiers. This makes the DTA-1 T-Amp an obvious choice for powering high efficiency single driver speakers. Up to 15 watts of power per channel is on tap to push desktop and bookshelf speakers for the ultimate portable hifi setup at home, or in your office. The Dayton DTA-1 T-amp can run off of 8 AA batteries for total portability, or the included switching power supply (with quick-release US and European style plugs). A rear mounted 3.5 mm stereo (1/8") audio input. Includes a 6 in. 3.5 mm coiled male-to-male cable for making connections to iPods, MP3 players, PCs,and portable CD or DVD players. Spring-loaded push terminals are designed for quick speaker wire termination. Intelligent short-circuit and over-temperature protection ensure amplifier longevity.
Palm-size Class-T 30 watt amplifier
Battery or AC powered—power supply included—for perfect portability
88% efficient
Superior sound quality
Soft turn-on eliminates annoying speaker pop
CE and RoHS rated design

Specifications: • Power output: 2 x 15 watts RMS (into 4 ohms @ 10% THD), 2 x 10 watts RMS (into 4 ohms @ 0.1% THD) • Efficiency: Greater than 88% • Dynamic range: 102 dB • Dimensions: 2" H x 6-1/8" W x 3-3/4" D.

Its ,not designed for big speakers,but if you have some small speakers like mine this is the amp for you,My speakers are (2) 3 1/2 inch cambridge soundworks suround sound speakers 25watts a piece,I recomend you use some fairly new speakers that are high efficent,89db or higher to get that deep rich sound.I was very impressed with the amp,I've tried several different ipod setups on my bike like the I-home,and the handlebar mount I-ride and they both would not go loud enough.Bought this amp now problem solved.I've been out on a 3hour ride with the amp turn all the way up running on 8AA duracell batteries and it never ran out of power.If your thinking about making a setup for your bike I highly recomend this amp.Thanks for the reply..Randy

psprat496

Nov 22, 2009
New Jersey
HAHAHA Do you just blast that thing while riding? Can you hear it well over the sound of the engine and gears clinging around and the wind and everything?

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
hey randog , for better sound , put something over the mic on the camera ( with mine , i leave it on my tripod , because the mic holes are on the bottom of the camera ) a small piece of foam rubber and duct tape is good .
if your cam is anything like mine , it is incredibly sensitive , i can hear bugs clear as day if i video across the lake , BUT , it also has auto noise reduction ( still not good enough to film my buddies metal band , but work fine on the tripod when the mic is covered .

just a thought

hellhammered

Jan 23, 2010
Maine
The cops will probably pull you over for the loud music! I think I'd rather hear the birds and cars...just my opinion. Safety first!

jonnyp929

Apr 15, 2013
New York City
it can be heard over the sound of the engine and wind.

it is very loud!!

I would find a pair of used sterio speakers off of craigslist and hook it up to the amp. I wouldn't use any cheap new type of speaker from amazon

I am going to jp weld a thick wood piece to the bottom of the speaker and bolt it down to a bicycle rack

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
I ended up going with some bose earbuds and just using my iPhone when riding my motorized bicycle. sound is amazing and I can still hear cars. I tried a few different set ups however the wind always killed the sound quality. I can still hear the wind with the buds however the sound quality is still amazing