custom Huasheng engine mount

GoldenMotor.com

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
I have decided to follow KCVale's advice and use a SBP kit. My mount would work for a fixed gear setup, but I need SBP's expertise to make my geared hub work. Thanks KC for helping me see the light! I can't wait to get the kit and get this thing back on the road.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I have decided to follow KCVale's advice and use a SBP kit.
My mount would work for a fixed gear setup, but I need SBP's expertise to make my geared hub work. Thanks KC for helping me see the light! I can't wait to get the kit and get this thing back on the road.
You're welcome Scoot, glad I could save you some grief.

Big Red II went out this morning and I have another 29" 4-stroke Fatal Love direct drive on deck so if you get stuck let me know and maybe I'll be able to snap a specific related pic for help as that is what do around here, help others as we were helped when we started ;-}

Scootmeister

Mar 15, 2011
North Carolina
KC, Jim Welch is giving me a hand as well. Apparently, my old Murray Westport is obsolete since it has a 1" seatpost and a 1" downtube. According to Jim I'll need to shim or purchase smaller clamps. That's no problem. Have you encountered this before? It looks like all of your builds are with new bikes. Anyway, if this kit works the way I expect it to I can't imagine why anyone would build a fixed drive bike. Just my preference. It looks like you built just about everything except a unicycle.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
KC, Jim Welch is giving me a hand as well.
Jim is a smart cookie.
Apparently, my old Murray Westport is obsolete since it has a 1" seatpost and a 1" downtube. According to Jim I'll need to shim or purchase smaller clamps. Have you encountered this before? It looks like all of your builds are with new bikes.
Nope, never built on a bike with 1" tubes and seldom build on a used bike or even a new $99 bike because motorizing is hard enough on a bicycle to not start with something good in my book.
It looks like you built just about everything except a unicycle.
(chuckles at a motorized unicycle) I've been pretty fortunate to have had the opportunity to try most everything though I have not done a recumbent trike yet.

I do have something completely different to try next ho0wever, making this pedicar an electric shifter.

Electric shifting trikes were hard enough to do in the shop and this thing is a monster!
With any luck the weather will stay like yesterdays 10 day forecast says so I can just leave it outside.

Sure the summers are hot but I don't close shop in the winter ;-}

Last edited:

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Looks great and I envy your patience. Would just like to add a lil something about self aligning pillow blocks.sure the shaft will line up easy but it wont be straight. make sure it is really straight or you will burn through sprocket;s fast .not being straight can cause some vibration also. Just alittle heads up.sorry if this was mentioned end trying g to do this on my new phone