about to begin a OCC chopper bike build ?'s

GoldenMotor.com

Jesse002100

May 1, 2010
Parma Ohio
hi everybody im about to start a build here in a couple days, i have a few questions and hope to have a really nice chopper when im done. .shft.
i know that the stock kit sprocket will have no top speed on this bike cause its alot smaller rim. i was considering spooky tooths 36 tooth would this work out good?
36 Tooth Engine Drive Speed Sprocket

ive already got a custom exhaust and offset motor mount from a guy on ebay. i choose to have a baffle installed in it, the straight pipe would be excessively loud.

i would like to mount the sprocket on the hub is there any kit to do this so i dont have to use the spokes? im not sure how hard it would be to put a cassette on the rear and change the front sprocket to a mountain bikes 3 speed and shift kit it.

and im thinking about getting a slant head motor some sites say you get higher compression some say you gain top speed. is this just a sales pitch? i looked at the black GRUBEE SkyHawk GT5 66cc/80cc Angle Fire Slant Head.

sorry about all the questions i just know someone has done this before and can throw me in the right direction.

thanks, Jesse

Jesse002100

May 1, 2010
Parma Ohio
alrighty since i havent got alot of responces i come acrost another build which used manic mechanics adapter and 36 tooth sprocket.
SPROCKET ADAPTER
any suggestions or ideas to make this build any better im just waiting on all i have ordered.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

cbabb

Apr 7, 2010
Zephyrhills
I'm Doing this same build right now. And i had a problem with the minimum leg room. So my brother cut out some brackets to extend the back wheel by i think four inches. But you have to move the brakes back for it to work. Makes A huge differences and I made a custom leather solo seat occ style. Which is way more comfortable then the regular seat. Heres all the photos of it Chopper pictures by SlipEagle - Photobucket.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
where can i find that mount i have googled it and binged it and all i can find is this pic of it ? any link would be gr8
I prefer to use Jim, @ Pedalchopper.com for all my Schwinn Stingray Motorized Chopper part's!

This guy Pedalchopper, has some Super High Quality products, and yes check his website for the Engine Mount, which come's with a Drag Pipe the is specially designed for the Schwinn OCC Stingray Motorized Chopper Bicycle's, see link below for the Motor mount & Drag Pipe, sold as a complete package!

http://www.pedalchopper.com/tuned-drag-pipe-motor-mount-for-occ-schwinn/

The reason why I prefer Pedalchopper, is that Jim, stands behind his quality products, and the free Tech advise he gives is priceless!!!

Good Luck, with your build and feel free, to ask anyone here in the Stretch Cruiser & Chopper forum any questions or advice!

Peace Crazy Horse.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
I'm Doing this same build right now. And i had a problem with the minimum leg room. So my brother cut out some brackets to extend the back wheel by i think four inches. But you have to move the brakes back for it to work. Makes A huge differences and I made a custom leather solo seat occ style. Which is way more comfortable then the regular seat. Heres all the photos of it Chopper pictures by SlipEagle - Photobucket.
cbabb, you could use a larger rear tire, on your stock OCC Schwinn Stingray Chopper wheel, see my post how to mount motorcycle tires on a stock rear wheel of a Schwinn OCC Stingray Chopper: http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=48456

You can also get a rear Disc Brake freewheel hub from Allan, @ Choppersus: http://www.choppersus.com/store/product/820/Wide-Hub-Freewheel-Disc-BLK/, lace this hub in and you are going to have a much cleaner setup, the reason I'm suggesting this hub is that I see that you've Custom Made a Jackshaft moving the engine drive chain to right side is an awesome clean setup, you'll love it!

Jim, @ Pedalchopper has a 5-Speed upgrade kit that'll convert your single speed rear hub into a 5-speed and with your Custom Made Jackshaft, you'll be Cruising a supper fast OCC Schwinn Stingray Motorized Chopper: Here's the link to Pedalchopper's 5-Speed upgrade kit: http://www.pedalchopper.com/new-5-speed-upgrade-kit-for-occ-schwinn/

C.H.

Scary G

Aug 15, 2012
B.C. Canada
I'm not sure about available kits, there are others here that

would know much more than me, but to mount your sprocket to

the hub you will need access to a lathe or have a machine shop

make you a spacer. It has to fit over the protruding part of the

hub and fit in against the flat part the spokes are attached to.

Then you will need to drill some holes thru it and bolt the

sprocket on. I used three 1/4" bolts and it has been holding up

fine so far.