To "rubber" or not

GoldenMotor.com

BeastBiker

Jun 27, 2013
Portugal
Reading through the texts here question comes of to put a cut inner tube under the mounts. Now my instructions say to do so and hold it in place with some black elec tape. Now I did read , 2 Door , I think said to mount engines real firm. I have to agree with him but my instructions say rubber. Any takers?? Too old to worry bout a little paint chipped. lol gphilbrnot
Here what I did:take the motor apart and rectify the flywheels (weights)from the crank.Eliminates the stress in bearings (they became loose),Stop shaking the carb.Install a reeds valve (billet) also cuts the vibs also improves the low rev torque(need a larger jet for some carbs).The rubbers should be between the tubes of the mount and the bike,applies for choppers and cruisers with separate mounting (not directly to the bike.After that you can use foam,and handlebar lead weights(like a scooter or motorcycle,mine were made out of fishing cast leads) for personal confort.Improoving the muffler and/or lighter (and perfect round..:)) flywheels helps too (better dem for semafors but less inertia for the ups.Cheers and keep it street legal.