Anyone motorised a FatBike yet?

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Get one with some OXygen tanks, the rider can reach for every 50 yards or so, like the bubbas that thing looks like it was designed for-

seroiusly DROPPED in every way- might as well pedal a Harley, and put a muffler on too, just to add weight! LOL.

laff
Don't need oxy tanks! Just plumb a line to the tires! (fill one with helium)

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
Building your own with smaller tires is the way to go IMO, less inertia.

BTW, a lot of chinese scooters and pocket bikes use ISO bicycle threads for their sprockets and iso brake mounts, if that sparks ideas for wheels for fatbikes.

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I saw a guy climb an impossibly steep hill on one of these when I was a kid and I always wanted one.

It's a Rokon Two-wheel drive bike.

mexican

Oct 6, 2012
Tulsa
I just saw my first fat bike at the local shop, it looks huge!! I ask how much energy you need to turn the wheels and they said it won't take much more than a regular bike but at $2,499 they won't let me test ride it.

lowracer

Oct 17, 2008
Charleston, SC
If I didnt already have 9 bikes (2 in the garage w/engines, 7 in the house w/no engines) I'd gladly be the forum guinea pig & build up a Fat Bike with an engine. I'm sure it would make for a very cool MB...Unfortunatley I cant build up anymore bikes according to the boss (aka wife...lol)
-Low-

Last edited: