shorter head on 66ht

GoldenMotor.com

Legwon

Mar 2, 2013
Van bc Canada
im trying to find a new head for my old 66ht. the standard 66piston fits but with the new head on it comes up short. the old head sitting on a table measures at 3 1/8". the new head measures at 3 3/16".
as u can see from the photos, they are even different shapes.
does anyone know what type of head this is or where to get one??

Attachments

fx-2

Oct 7, 2011
Tucson Arizona
im trying to find a new head for my old 66ht. the standard 66piston fits but with the new head on it comes up short. the old head sitting on a table measures at 3 1/8". the new head measures at 3 3/16".
as u can see from the photos, they are even different shapes.
does anyone know what type of head this is or where to get one??
The pictures you posted are of the cylinder , you need to post a picture of the inside to see the transfer port to help tell the maker . Also please take a picture of the cylinders turned upside down to check the height of the cylinder that is above the motor block . Dan

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Everyone says all the china girl motors are the same, but this goes to show they are not.

The tall cylinder may be from a BGF, or power King type motor, and the shorter may be from a SkyHawk. SkyHawks have a shorter stroke.

Flying Horse cylinders are different from those two.

Legwon

Mar 2, 2013
Van bc Canada
fx, not quite sure what u were refering to, but here are some pics of the bottom side and inside.
the bottom gasket seat was also shorter on the old one(note, this is an 8yr old motor)
and the flange was about the same.
the inside ports measured at 1 7/16" to the top of the flange.

Attachments

fx-2

Oct 7, 2011
Tucson Arizona
The Grubee motor had Trapezoid transfer ports most others were rectangle . The measurement I wanted is from the base where the gasket goes to the top of the cylinder . Thanks Dan