removing stripped small bevel wheel

GoldenMotor.com

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
So I was trying to pull the bevel wheel and woodruff key from my friend's old motor, and the threads stripped right out of both the wheel (the 20 tooth internal gear, for those who are wondering) AND the removal tool. We had to break the casing around the wheel and use a crowbar in a vice to remove it, its on my bike now but the question is how would I remove it if I wanted to do any crank work? I could just break it and buy a new wheel but I'd prefer not to spend more money than I have to. It took alot of force and a lot of time to do, is there any way to get it out without destroying anything?

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
because its around $22 to ship it to me, and I really dont feel like paying $30 for one tiny part. I could wait and buy some stuff in bulk though, maybe with my next motor kit... actually yeah I could just do that, considering my friend told me last night he wants to buy a motor for my other bike (he lives with me, so he wants to ride it around).

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Yeah I know. A lot of times shipping is what sucks. You got the right idea. Add that part to a bigger order. I'd get a couple of them. That's a high wear item. Get a gear puller too.

I take the primary cover off, and grease my pinion gear about every 2 or 3 hundred miles.

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
Bcmoped/zoombicycles, i only have 2 e-tailers that i know of in canada for parts, its pretty much the same price to ship from the states so id have to add it to a bigger order to make it worthwhile