First build. will this bike frame work?

GoldenMotor.com

Dank

Jul 5, 2012
Loveland, CO
New to the bike scene here but i can already tell im gonna be here alot.
looking to get a chinagirl kit off of ebay and was wondering if my bike frame will permit me to mount it on there. i have a Haro Escape A-2 aluminum frame.

Bike is not mine but it as the same exact looking. as you can see im worried about the dip in the upper bar.

Thanks

Dank

Jul 5, 2012
Loveland, CO
not worried to much about the aluminum frame. It's a Haro so no worries there. i just haven't seen any pictures of anyone with a motor on that bike just wondering if it would fit.
Thanks for all your help!

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
It shouldn't be a problem (fit wise) as long as you have a slant engine, and you're not looking to put a shift kit.

If you were, it looks like a tight fit.

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
If it's real tight, you can cut the rear mount block to make it sit lower in the frame. What size frame is it? (Length of the seat tube from the bottom bracket to the underside of the top tube) I have a 17 inch mountain bike and the engine fit without a problem.

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
sounds good, it looks like you have oversize tubes so you will need a custom mount. that will raise up the engine, so you will probably need to chop down the rear mount block. not a big deal, all ya need is a hacksaw.