Will it fit?

GoldenMotor.com

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Planning on building a four stoke and I was wondering if the mounting plate for the four stroke motors fits on this bike
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/MENS-26-ROADMASTER-BICYCLE-FRAME-BEACH-CRUISER-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqVHJEwE91576-J,BPg3CM,2)Q~~60_57.JPG

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I doubt it will fit without modifying/ extending the mount plate. The distance between the seat tube and down tube is too far. The good news is such a modification can easily be done, even without a welder. Although I do recommend welding it just for strength and durability.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
what would the angle iron from lowes or home depo, that has all the different holes already stamped in it,work clamping from either side of the frame seat and down tube to form a platform to set the 4-cycle on?

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
I have mounted several 4 strokes using angle iron only as a mount. It can be an issue if the engines mounting holes get close to the inside of the angle. I mount the angle with the flat side to the frame which aggravates the problem but is a better method than reversing the angle and using spacers. Check your mount pattern for the engine and the spacing of the angles by the frame tubes to see if there in interference. If not its a simple operation. A thick walled seat post driven to the bottom of the seat tube offers good reinforcement for the mount. Might as well use standard angle as the pre-punched version. I doubt the holes will line up unless you just get lucky. Also the punched angle tends to be thinner than standard.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
If you use the angle irons, and they end up too narrow to accept the engines bolts, just add a couple pieces of flat steel crossways, or a solid plate.. You will need to add spacers. under the plate or straps, for clearance of the engine's bolt heads.