correct mounting procedure for this type of bike?

GoldenMotor.com

peppers

Jul 21, 2010
everywhere
hmm I have been tryin to figure it out but I wonder if there are some reasonably priced mounting hardware for this type of frame, I'm not sure if I can improvise an effective mount myself.

edit, may have worked something out.... maybe

Last edited:

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
This is a good solid way of doing it... I use 1/4" steel & 'U' bolts for the front, & if the rear mount is a little too big for the frame?, I cut a shim for it from some electrical conduit.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

Attachments

Last edited:

peppers

Jul 21, 2010
everywhere
I dont know if I have the talent necessary to make an effective mount for this frame type.

Ive been at it all day and no real progress

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Hang in there, peppers. Keep reading and looking at what others have done then take some time, wonder around Ace hardware and see what you can find. Innovation is the fun in this hobby. If everything could be bolted together..where's the challenge in that?
Just keep in mind this important fact; The engine must be mounted solid to the frame. The more rigid the mount, the better off you'll be. Keep us posted on what you come up with.
Take a close look at the mount pictured by Venice Motorbikes. Very simple and easily duplicated. No special tools needed, no welding and the materials can be had from any hardware source.
Tom

Last edited:

peppers

Jul 21, 2010
everywhere
well I got the engine mounted but the tire is getting rubbing by the chain now, and no I didn't put the sprocket on backwards, now what?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Are you using the kit supplied chain tensioner? If tire/chain interference is the issue sometimes you can 'guide' the chain away from the tire with the tensioner wheel. You can also spread the rear fork with washers that might give you a litle more clearance. Keep us informed and we'll keep providing suggestions. A photo or two might help us see what you're up against.
Tom

Last edited:

peppers

Jul 21, 2010
everywhere
the new rear tire was too thick, I put the old tire on the new wheel and there is now enough clearence. that tires a bit warn so I will buy a new one when I get an opertunity

peppers

Jul 21, 2010
everywhere
well I finished up, I'll post a picture in the morning for anybody interested, although its nothin fancy.

Thanks everyboody for there help.