Found some vintage bikes(I think) cool though

GoldenMotor.com

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
My dad just got this Sears "Free Spirit" and it says it's from 1978(05-78) on the tag. Good shape and rides fine appears original.
Is this worth anything? It has the shift inside the hub which I never seen before, pretty cool. It's really heavy, built in USA ect ect. He payed 2 dollars for it and I told him it was well worth that.

Please take a look and tell me if it's anything great or not(be honest lol) That frame looks as if the China engine would drop right in with no special mounts.

The rear hub with shifting mech, pretty cool

We also have this called a RollFast, not sure what it is age or make. Nice, long bike though.

So, do we have anything cool here or what? thanks.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
free spirit's were the 70's equivalent of todays huffys. worth the 2 bucks, but if you resold it, you might get 50 bucks, but it's not a bike anyone wants.

the rollfast is better, but it's a 70's cruiser, and not really in demand. it's in good shape, though, and probably worth $100-150, if you're lucky. it's usa made, so that makes it better than any bike you can buy today at walmart...

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Ok, cool. Ay least we didn't over-pay and they are both nice bikes, work great.

I thought the Free spirit would be sought after for that frame, because it looks like the two stroke china motor would drop in with no special mounts. I'll have to test that.

Nice though, because it's original and not beat to death.

Thanks.