Safest of safe, be seen with neons!!!

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
Hey there, I'm starting this thread just in case there are any motorbikers out there that want to learn how to put neon lights on their bike. This method pretty much allows for anything though, say, gps, car alarm, motorcycle headlight with high/low beam, whatever a car can have, you can have too. I'm not completely prepared as of yet with a tutorial video, however I have a video for now, an introduction video, so to speak. If you feel like this is something you'd like to try, check back often for soon to come tutorial videos. :) Take care, and ride safe!

Introductory Video

VID2000177.flv video by ADDICTED-BICYCLE-CUSTOMS - Photobucket

Attachments

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
I have been using the dual 12" down low glow neons for about 2 years. The battery pack that is rechargable is still is good but there will come a time to replace
the battery pack. The same is with the Blackburn System x6 dual headlight.
Will your tutorial work with these kind of systems?

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
Along that line of products, I use something similar for RC helis. Align makes a 1.5M light strings for night flying. For each set of 2 light strings, you will need a cold driver. Out of the box, it is meant to plug into heli electrical system at 11.1V but I have found that the product works equally well off a 9V battery.
HeliDirect.com - Your Source for R/C Helicopters Parts and Upgrades

In the end, this is essentially the same as above but in a bit more of a weight conscious manner.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Tried night flying a Slow Stick covered in LED nav lights once and just once was enough to convince me that my eyes aren't good enough for night flying. Attracted a lot of attention in the neighborhood though. rotfl

Aug 23, 2009
British Columbia
my system is 12v, so I'm not sure about all these other lights. I don't think the down low glo will work with it, but maybe it will, guess it depends on the voltage. :) I have seen those light strips in the store, just curious of how to string them to the bike to look good. :)

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
You could either wrap them around the frame for a spiral look or a little clear tape to install them in line with the frame.

Another good source for nice long neon tubes is ebay, check computer case lighting.

Did up my wife's PC a few years ago and got a kit with a pair of 12" tubes (her's are blacklight but you can get almost any color), switch and the driver (runs off the 12v DC from the power supply) for under $15.

:edit: WOW! They're a LOT cheaper now!
DUAL 12" COMPUTER CASE NEON COLD CATHODE LIGHT RED CCFL - eBay (item 120434034520 end time Oct-10-09 15:00:03 PDT)

Last edited: