First motorcycle to cross the USA

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Just finished reading both of these. Wow over a hundred years later and we really haven't come that far... Quite a few of us ride around on FULL rigid bikes, with equivalent horsepower... Many changes, yet so much stays the same. Looks like inflation is almost 1% per year...25 cents for a good meal?

Aug 26, 2015
Overgaard AZ
Probably about the same as me fighting the wind, pulling my trailer. From the sounds of it his bike was about equivalent if a box stock China Girl.
His carb was about a joke. A box of cotton batting, baffels, and a wick, even ours are better than that. And a leather belt drive train? And yet his wooden rims took him clear across the country on the cross ties of railroad tracks. His leading link held up fairly well too. In fact his machine was so well constructed so well that rather than simply fall apart, the metal chrystalized, from the pounding it received on the crossties. He also gave a shining report on his saddle.
Like I said, some things better, some things the same, and maybe a few worse...
I ride alot, about 50 miles one way to work, 50 miles round trip to town and back. I've got a trip to Egar coming up if all goes well this week, I don't know the mileage, but it's nothing like 3300. Maybe 330 round trip, lol. I know I need a 56t, for getting around MY mountain, hehe.