Piston Bike - shipping costs - are you high?

GoldenMotor.com

HackD

Oct 25, 2014
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Ok, lets see.. was going to order this - fairly compact shipping bundle.

$19.99 - ADA Racing Air Filter
$19.99 - Performance Idler Wheel
$49.99 - SHA Clone 15/15 Carburator
$19.99 - SHA Cone Air Filter

So roughly $109.00 USD / $128.00 CDN before shipping is considered.

.. but wait, apparently Pistonbikes can't implement an effective in-house shipping strategy for "international shipping", so they outsource to 'Bongous' in order to figure out their international shipping costs.

So.. to ship To Ontario, Canada via International Economy - what is going to come out to be a package not more than 10" square - $118.33 CDN / $100.00 USD with an Estimated Delivery Date of 2015-01-14. 'Express' is $142.00 CDN.

Oh .. same package costs $14.00 USD to ship to Buffalo NY, by their own website calculator.

Puff, puff, Pistonbikes.com.. i'm gonna pass.

I would complain direct - but they have no 'contact form' on their website. So, just putting it out there.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
I have shipped a set of hoops to Cali
and it cost $32 she set to Canada was $50 something
And I could throw it across the river to Canada.crazy shipping to Canada nut your package has no weight to it! That blows when you find what you are looking for then hit shipping button and they blow a hole in your wallet.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Hey I wonder how you can order off eBay from China and get free shipping, I ordered a stock muffler and paid less than $17 to my door.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
They are using an international shipping company to handle their out of country sales. They don't have to do anything since it all goes through the shipping company and they get paid by the shipping company and don't have the pain of dealing with any one but U.S. customers. Oh, and "you" are paying for their convenience.

eBay has the same racket going that sellers can tap into but they use Pitney-Bowes shipping instead of Bongo. eBay has hidden it now because there was a backlash from the buyers I'm sure when they saw it was sent by Pitney-Bowes and saw the cost. Now all you see is the fact that it is being sent by the U.S. Postal Service what ever class and here is the WTF??? international price to your country.
I just ask any eBay seller if they are sending it by Pitney-Bowes when I see the wild shipping costs and tell them that is they want to sell it to me they better go down to the post office and get the real price. It's amazing how many sellers find it possible to do that.

Nothing like trying to buy a $10 item and finding it's $48 to ship it. I do have a mail drop off in Blaine, Washington where I pay a small price for each package they take in. About $2.50 each and $15 a year for the service.

I have things sent to me from England cheaper than from a lot of sellers in the U.S. using a shipping company.
One company I have found a pleasure to buy from is Sick Bike Parts and they do their own shipping. They may have what you need.

Steve.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I kinda ticks me off that we can't ship something to our sister country on the Same continent at the same price as in country shipping but can order from china half a world away for free.....

HackD

Oct 25, 2014
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
They are using an international shipping company to handle their out of country sales. They don't have to do anything since it all goes through the shipping company and they get paid by the shipping company and don't have the pain of dealing with any one but U.S. customers. Oh, and "you" are paying for their convenience.

eBay has the same racket going..

I have things sent to me from England cheaper than from a lot of sellers in the U.S. using a shipping company.
One company I have found a pleasure to buy from is Sick Bike Parts and they do their own shipping. They may have what you need.

Steve.
That is just what it is - a racket. I'm no newb to the online shopping bit. Been on Ebay for a good long while etc to enable a long series of ongoing projects over the years. I'm used to 'high' shipping costs, compared to going downtown to a specialty shop to get it (if it can be gotten, ergo online).

That is way above 'high' shipping costs. That is a big "****-you, go away" to customers, coming from any business that is online, and actually wanting to do business.

The best thing about the internet, you can usually find an alternative to what you wanted there. No big loss. Except that of a customer, for them.

Last edited:

eBay has the same racket going that sellers can tap into but they use Pitney-Bowes shipping instead of Bongo. eBay has hidden it now because there was a backlash from the buyers I'm sure when they saw it was sent by Pitney-Bowes and saw the cost. Now all you see is the fact that it is being sent by the U.S. Postal Service what ever class and here is the WTF??? international price to your country.
I just ask any eBay seller if they are sending it by Pitney-Bowes when I see the wild shipping costs and tell them that is they want to sell it to me they better go down to the post office and get the real price. It's amazing how many sellers find it possible to do that.

Nothing like trying to buy a $10 item and finding it's $48 to ship it. I do have a mail drop off in Blaine, Washington where I pay a small price for each package they take in. About $2.50 each and $15 a year for the service.

Steve.

I ordered some parts from Sick Bike Parts on the 24th December and had them shipped here to Oz... It did cost a little bit though...

I received them about 3 - 4 days of Christmas... That is service...

drn2

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I ordered some parts from Sick Bike Parts on the 24th December and had them shipped here to Oz... It did cost a little bit though...

I received them about 3 - 4 days of Christmas... That is service...

drn2
And that is how Sick Bike Parts rolls...... they ROCK!

They really know how to take care of business....... SBP!