GT2a-S engine mount woe's

GoldenMotor.com

recumbentbill

Jul 5, 2009
millington tn
OK in my other post about the GT2A-S fork stuff has been completed. Now I have problems with the engine mount that is supposed to fit the GT2A-S frame. Pictures tell more than I can so please take a look. This is the mount that Gas Bikes Net recommended. With this mount I will have gas petcock valve clearance issues and air filter[stock and a sick bike parts filter] issues too,plus the angle of the engine mount does not match the seat post tube or the frame front tube .Any feed back,suggestions will be appreciated

Attachments

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
He Bill glad to see your back..My 2 cents...You need to drop that rear mount.So get the dremel out and dremel the correct angle on the rear mount for a lower mounting position.You could do alittle dremeling to the front also to get the motor down into the frame.You might have to drill some new holes in the sided of the mounting blocks also.Ya I don't think it is a plug and play like they say.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Thanks for the heads-up. I've been trying to talk myself into buying that AlUmInUm frame,now I can see that's a bad idea. Back to the cheapo steel frames I guess.

recumbentbill

Jul 5, 2009
millington tn
He Bill glad to see your back..My 2 cents...You need to drop that rear mount.So get the dremel out and dremel the correct angle on the rear mount for a lower mounting position.You could do alittle dremeling to the front also to get the motor down into the frame.You might have to drill some new holes in the sided of the mounting blocks also.Ya I don't think it is a plug and play like they say.
Thanks Moto for the reply. I have been dremeling the angles like you suggested. Tried a grinder wheel that woreout fast. Any other suggestion on which stone to use. I'm still not sure if and when I get the mount corrected if there will be enough room for the gas tank valve and the air filter

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
Bill,I know they aren't the right angle but why is your front mount higher? You are gonna have to bring that down as well. That engine needs to be level,or at less the carb does anyhow.

recumbentbill

Jul 5, 2009
millington tn
Bill,I know they aren't the right angle but why is your front mount higher? You are gonna have to bring that down as well. That engine needs to be level,or at less the carb does anyhow.
I just posed the mounts so every one could see what the mount angel were. Yes I am aware about the carb being level and the front mount being lowered.When the front mount is lowered it also shifts the engine to the rear and that causes gas valve and air filter problems

redheadsticky

Apr 4, 2012
south dakota
for what its worth, i bought a 4 stroke ezm kit and was going to have to do all this modification to my macargi tahiti. instead i put a 2 stroke on my macargi which is bad ass now fun to ride. im saving my 4 stroke kit for a felt bixby. plenty of room to do all . check out phantom bikes gallery and look at the bixby. im sticking with my bixby for all my 4 stroke builds.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Thanks Moto for the reply. I have been dremeling the angles like you suggested. Tried a grinder wheel that woreout fast. Any other suggestion on which stone to use. I'm still not sure if and when I get the mount corrected if there will be enough room for the gas tank valve and the air filter
You can do it!! If the gas valve is close maybe get a 90 degree fitting to give you some room.I used a 90 and a short straight exstension to get room on one of my builds.Keep ths thread alive there are lots of follks here with great ideas.

recumbentbill

Jul 5, 2009
millington tn
Re: GT2a-S engine mount success

Well motorized bicycle riders Me thinks me woes tis o'er
dance1
My dremmel couldn't handel the grinding of the mount. Went to lowes and bought 2 1" x 1/2 cylindrical grinding stones and a cylinder rotary rasp for my high speed air powered grinder and got the job done. Will have to get a 90 degree fitting for the gas tank and will [for now] use the stock honda air filter. Need some suggestions on how to off set the sick bike parts air filter which would give more room for the fuel valve

Attachments

recumbentbill

Jul 5, 2009
millington tn
Re: GT2a-S fuel line and air filter fix

making progress. well i got the fuel line issue semi fixed still need to add a barbed fuel cut off. i did some cutting on the stock air filter. i had to remove the sides and the top and bottom tabs in order to slide the filter cover into position. using a hose clamp to keep the air filter together. doesn't look that good but it works. Actually took the bike out for a test run.and i am pleased. The 90 degree fitting came from lowes. Its a 1/8 npt[national pipe thread] fitting that has some kind of sealer stuff on the threads . Next step will be getting another chain idler for the pedal side of the bike. all in all aside from the mounting and fuel line and breather kinks i am pleased. i also like the looks of the bike too.

Attachments

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
I do remember you having troubles with thing moving.Definetly have thought about removing at times...but I luv it when it's broke in and adjusting is done!