Woot! Got my tank decals...

GoldenMotor.com

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Found a kiosk in a neaby mall that was making vinyl stickers. Figured it'd be a complicated process and have to provide a vector graphics file of the design, I just took a blurry, 1", greyscale copy from my printer of the design with me so we could figure out what I'd need when I probably had to come back. At least that's how it went at the big vinyl sticker business I visited another time.

The guy scanned my blurry copy and up on the screen popped a vector graphic of the design. We took another 5 min. moving the vector lines to clean up the image and ta-da..handed the guy $27.00 and done deal. Got 2 large 8" stickers and 4 smaller ones all included in the price. Just had to sit around for 20 min. before it was cut out and ready to put on my bike.

Wow! What a difference tank art makes on a bike. I was STOKED!

PBAcme1024.jpg

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
dang scotty, and not to long ago you thought it was to ugly for the neighborhood.
LOL dmb and thanks for the compliments guys!

I guess I should have said, what a difference a rattle can of engine enamel AND tank art can make...

From this:

To this:

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I honestly can't decide which (b4 or after) looks better, IMHO. The tore up, rode hard and put away wet look does have it's appeal. But the just off the shop floor in 1910/20's some thing is enthralling too.

But man is she some purty work Max.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Beautiful work, Max. Thanks for sharing it with us. Looks like it came out of a museum; or belongs in one. Congratulations.

Tom

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
OMG! I'm all a'flutter getting so many kudos from all you wonderful people.

Just between me and you guys...I made most everything on that bike like 4 times before I got it the way I wanted it...honestly I did. And it's still not finished yet. Have to change out the front rim with a black one and am making a stainless steel exhaust for it.

With all the hours involved, I'd have to sell it for $10k to make any kind of profit for my time.
Is it a passion?
naaa...
It's an OBSESSION!

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
All I can say little buddy is it's about fricken time.......can we go for a ride now? Sheesh, I was just ready to retire these things.....by retire, I mean putting on yet another set of tires before we actually ride again ;)

Let's see it in person, black rim or not.

dnut