grubee skyhawk 66/80cc

GoldenMotor.com

which kit is better for the buck

• Total voters

Pilotgeek

Apr 6, 2011
Green Bay, WI
If you see it in the long run a 4 stroke is way cheaper. I have lost so much money just trying to keep the 2 stroke running. If I knew it before I would have bought a 4 stroke right away.

Its like with Pc and Mac. People say Macs are expensive when they are totally not - especially in the long run.

As for the laws in PR. Not even the cops really know, but 90% of them are pretty cool about those bikes. They just want to take a look and take a picture. Especially if you talk back in english they take off pretty fast because they are afraid to talk english for the most part. But this thing now is an extreme bike. I dont know whats gonna happen with this one but I guess I will see haha
With computers, in that same sense though, if you really take awesome care of it and know what you're doing, a two-stroke can be just as good, and in some cases better. (I highly prefer a PC btw)

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
i hate mac and have seen them die fast them lasting longer is a myth a GOOD 2 stroke is a great engine a china girl isn't really one of them unless you pull it down and rebuild it to be a good motor they are a craps shoot i got a good one but im still getting a 4 stroke to replace it and im shelving my 2 stroke for a while

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I really don't know what everybody is doing to that poor little girl from china to make her blow up like that. I have made even the cheapo 2 strokes last a very long time. In fact. I've NEVER melted rings to the cylinder or spun a bearing in any of my personal bikes. Now I've fixed a lot of other peoples bikes, customers and friends bikes, with all of the problems described at one time or another on this forum. I think the big difference is maintenence. Before I even install any chinese 2 stroke I make very sure all the points that need grease get grease. i.e. clutch and bevel gear, clutch arm, Bucking bar and bearing, ect. Then I run very heavy on the mix for break in. Even after that I run 3 1/2 or 4 oz, 2 stroke oil per gallon.(I use the cheap stuff,) I know it's a little heavy, but like I said, I've NEVER blown an engine. Perhaps this is where I should say, Knock on wood. I'm either the luckiest guy in the entire world or what I've been doing is working. I think most people run as close to the edge as possible on the mix, thinking that it'll improve performance. And it just might, a little. I think what you give up in trade is longevity. Engines LOVE oil. You can use too little and pay for it. Too much oil will never hurt your engine. It may not run at it's best and smoke some if using WAY TOO MUCH, but your engine will be fine and won't blow up because of it. I love my china girl.( And she say's she loves me too, But I think she's seeing a 4 stroke when I'm not around.)
fatdaddy.

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
Before I even install any chinese 2 stroke I make very sure all the points that need grease get grease. i.e. clutch and bevel gear, clutch arm, Bucking bar and bearing, ect. Then I run very heavy on the mix for break in. Even after that I run 3 1/2 or 4 oz, 2 stroke oil per gallon.(I use the cheap stuff,) I know it's a little heavy, but like I said, I've NEVER blown an engine.
I've done pretty much the same a so far so good! 4oz oil in 1 gallon is a 32:1 mix, that is what I run all the time and consider it a standard mix. The motor runs good on it, doesn't smoke up the place and seems to have enough lubrication...

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I've done pretty much the same a so far so good! 4oz oil in 1 gallon is a 32:1 mix, that is what I run all the time and consider it a standard mix. The motor runs good on it, doesn't smoke up the place and seems to have enough lubrication...
And ya don't blow engines. most people think 32:1 is a little heavy.
fatdaddy.

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
I think I was blessed but I bought a grubee in 20011 it was a 2010 model with the cns carb and it's all I need.I got the cns carb running great just a few little tweets like the float.I also mix my fuel at 32 to1.I bet it's got atleast 2000 miles on it.She still to this day fires with one kick of pedals.It's a 48cc .I have seen and got a 80cc which can't beat me on the 48cc.I havn't done no mods to it but plug wire ,and plug,bolts.The oil mixture I think is the key.I hope this helps.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I think I was blessed but I bought a grubee in 20011 it was a 2010 model with the cns carb and it's all I need.I got the cns carb running great just a few little tweets like the float.I also mix my fuel at 32 to1.I bet it's got atleast 2000 miles on it.She still to this day fires with one kick of pedals.It's a 48cc .I have seen and got a 80cc which can't beat me on the 48cc.I havn't done no mods to it but plug wire ,and plug,bolts.The oil mixture I think is the key.I hope this helps.
I bought my current engine in late 2009, had it on another bike I had for sale. Well, That's about the time the economy tanked so it never got sold and I just rode it around for a while. It was an OCC chopper build and just too hard of a ride for me. So I got a 2011 Cranbrook and slapped everything on that. It starts with 2 kicks of the pedals when cold, 1/2 kick when warmed up.
and unless your 49CC bike can do close to 40mph I don't think you could touch me. I ride at least 35mph everywhere I go. My average ride is a 20 or 30 mile round trip. Heck, My girlfriends place is 14 miles from my house.
But I KNOW yer right about one thing, The oil mix is the key, go just a little on the heavy side on it. Your entire engine depends on getting the lubrication it needs from the mix. 2 oz. of synthetic may be great for a clean burning, fast running top end. But I don't see how that could be enough to get enough oil to those chinese bearings. I figure they need all the help they can get. So I use REAL oil, (the cheap stuff,) and run it a little heavy. I don't really keep track, but I know I have well over 2000 miles on it, no problems.
fatdaddy.

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
I think I could go about the low 30's on speed but my low end is pretty strong with the stock 44 tooth sprocket.That's what gets me every where on hills and stuff.To whom who reads theses the oil mix I really think is the key on life spanned.That's just what I see of it.