How was your motorized bike taken?

• Other...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Unless your bike is in your locked garage, never let it out of your sight for more than 2 minutes.

I agree. Cause remember, whatever lock you use will only keep honest people from stealing it!

But, there are times I have to leave it for more than 2 minutes. In that case I'll shut off the fuel petcock, pull the spark plug wire off the plug and then put it back on the plug withoug pushing it down for contact then cross my fingers while I go do what I gotta do.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I agree. Cause remember, whatever lock you use will only keep honest people from stealing it!

But, there are times I have to leave it for more than 2 minutes. In that case I'll shut off the fuel petcock, pull the spark plug wire off the plug and then put it back on the plug withoug pushing it down for contact then cross my fingers while I go do what I gotta do.
The spark can jump across the very short distance between the boot and the plug when the boot is sitting over top of the plug like that. I had a boot that the terminal got ripped out of and I ran with that boot like that for quite awhile. Just sayin'.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
It sucks having to leave any bike out in the open for any extended amount of time especially a motorized one and thankfully I seldom have to but say for a 15 minute trip in a grocery store I wheel it right inside and put on a cheesy lock on it.

It would take pretty ballsy thief to try to take it from inside especially when most every grocery store I go to has a camera on the door.

For convenience stores it is most likely different here, the fronts are all glass so I can keep an eye on it.

Regardless it is a good idea to put the bike in the highest gear it has when you stop to make it difficult to pedal for the 'jump on a ride away' thief, disengae the clutch to make it even harder, and put something in-line with the electrical so they can't get away with motor power.

I have my own epoxyed on 4 tumbler cash register key switch cover I put on the the CDI so even they do get away with it they will need a new CDI to make it run as it self destructs if you try to take it apart but that is another story I have already told here.

I actually welcome the day I can easily chase down some punk thief thinking he can ride off on my personal ride, if he isn't in a coma he'll think twice about trying it again ;-}