Hutchinson Lowrider 2.3 tires at Walmart

GoldenMotor.com

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
Heads up:
Picked up two of these today at Walmart for $27 each. Really aggressive looking smooth road tire, has the look I am after.

They have some sort of flat sealer embedded in the tire.

Here is the tire mounted on bikeworldusa heavy duty wheel:

Last edited:

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
A little wide for my tastes, hope you get chain clearance
but a nice looking tire otherwise- probably roll much better than beach tires-
a little pricey- I REALLY hate to pay more than $20 for a bike tire-
although Clement 250 gram Seta sew-ups were $25 even back in the '70's! (Enough to cuss about)
I was getting car tires for my Festiva for $15 about ten years ago- because that was the small size they put in the ads.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
I saw those Lowrider tires last week when I was at Walmart, I thought they looked pretty nice. Went through the Hutchinson website looking at their other tires, too.

They look pretty nice mounted up in your pic. Keep in mind that they are directional tread. Have any more pictures?

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
A little wide for my tastes, hope you get chain clearance
Yes, I was also wondering about chainline. I suppose I did this step in reverse- I'm collecting parts but have not built anything yet. I don't visually see any issues with the chainline; I assume the worst area will be the rear sprocket. If I DO have issues, I will shim a sprocket adapter.

I wasn't extremely tickled over the price, but considering no shipping charges, ability to return, etc, they seemed like a good enough deal to broadcast to people.

I saw those Lowrider tires last week when I was at Walmart, I thought they looked pretty nice. Went through the Hutchinson website looking at their other tires, too.

They look pretty nice mounted up in your pic. Keep in mind that they are directional tread. Have any more pictures?
I didn't even think about the directional part...I just grabbed one of the BikeWorldUSA heavy duty wheels I just bought and mounted the tire up. I previously was using some old 2" gumwall tires for fit purposes and was concerned that they did not nearly fill up the fenders as much as I wanted, so these looked like they might work. The bike is a Dyno, and it came stock with a rather large tire on the back (2.25"?).

Fore reference, here's the Walmart link:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hutchinson-Lowrider-26-Tire/20434424

And a link to a ratrodbikes thread which has several pics of a Spaceliner with this rear tire:

http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=55200

Last edited:

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
They definitely look good! I saw that thread at RatRodBikes the day I saw the tires at Walmart.

I found it kind of wierd that he ended up replacing the tire with a red-stripe Bontrager Hank, I built my bike with those tires lol

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
They definitely look good! I saw that thread at RatRodBikes the day I saw the tires at Walmart.

I found it kind of wierd that he ended up replacing the tire with a red-stripe Bontrager Hank, I built my bike with those tires lol
Yes, I also noticed that he replaced the rear tire toward the end of the thread without mentioning why. I assumed he wanted the red stripe, because he mentions looking for a red stripe for the front as well. The Bontragers are very nice.

These Hutchinson tires do have the white lettering on the sidewalls, and it is a little bold. I suppose if I were going for a retro look I would consider blacking out the lettering with a Sharpie.

Overall, I'm please with the look and quality of the tires, especially for the price.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I like the look of those tires, would go well on my cruiser for sure. I just can't force myself to step into Walmart sorry...laff

I have run that size on my dyno's and just spaced out the rear sprocket a bit. That size looks good on that bike.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
Yeah, Walmart does kinda suck, but the Hutchinson is actually a pretty high quality French-made tire - not like the usual crap tires Walmart carries.

Walmart's the very last place I'd normally buy tires, but I'd run the Hutchinson Lowrider from there.

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
I took this pic with the rear wheel in place and slid the rear fender on to check clearance.

I think it fills it up pretty well. The front springer fork appears to have enough clearance as well, but in this pic, I left the 2" gumwall tire on for comparison.

Bayouself69

Sep 4, 2012
Pineville,Louisiana
Heads up:
Picked up two of these today at Walmart for $27 each. Really aggressive looking smooth road tire, has the look I am after.

They have some sort of flat sealer embedded in the tire.

Here is the tire mounted on bikeworldusa heavy duty wheel:

I am new to this site,I would like to know where can I purchase this tire,as Walmart does not carry it in all stores.I sent the a question if I could order these tires.I am looking for another source incase I can't get them from Wally World
.HELPpino.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
you are going to have to run a 410hd chain i love the KMC and with that possibly with a spacer to get it to work but i dont see to many issues other than that

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
I am new to this site,I would like to know where can I purchase this tire,as Walmart does not carry it in all stores.I sent the a question if I could order these tires.I am looking for another source incase I can't get them from Wally World
.HELPpino.
Hi Bayouself69,
Here is the website link to Walmart for this tire. Sometimes you can order online and have it shipped to the store for free.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hutchinson-Lowrider-26-Tire/20434424

Wierd they don't have a price and it says "In Stores Only". Not sure if that means they are phasing them out?

Also, here is a better pic of both tires mounted. click to embiggen.

Last edited:

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
you are going to have to run a 410hd chain i love the KMC and with that possibly with a spacer to get it to work but i dont see to many issues other than that
You referring to the orange Dyno? No, this bike will have #41 chain, 4 stroke 79cc engine, jackshaft and a Puch moped rear hub. The whole back end of the bike will need to be spread to fit the moped hub.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
ok thats much better #41 is a gocart/minibike chain a little hard to get if you need one in a hurry where i am not a normally stocked item so i use the KMC plus i love it comes in colors but yours should be super sweet when its done

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
ok thats much better #41 is a gocart/minibike chain a little hard to get if you need one in a hurry where i am not a normally stocked item so i use the KMC plus i love it comes in colors but yours should be super sweet when its done
I get my #41 chain at Tractor Supply.