I will have a GHX50 in a 49cc world, help!

GoldenMotor.com

DragonSlayer

Jun 14, 2012
Arizona
In Arizona we have a limit of 49cc for our engine assisted bikes. So the GXH50 is a prime canidate for some unwanted attention by the local law.

All of the Hondas I have owned in my life (about 7) have a displacement smaller than what is indicated in there model name.

I figure I can remove the model decal from the engine and let the officer go by the indicated cubic centimeters if it says it’s less than 49cc.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what cubic displacement is indicated on the cylinder of the GXH50.
drn2

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
In AZ we have a 48cc limit....

For the purposes of this section, "motorized electric or gas powered bicycle or tricycle" means a bicycle or tricycle that is equipped with a helper motor that has a maximum piston displacement of forty-eight cubic centimeters or less, that may also be self-propelled and that is operated at speeds of less than twenty miles per hour.

BE-tech

Sep 14, 2011
Bozeman
Son, now your 1.4 cc's over the legal limit, I'm going to have to ask you to put the kick stand down and step to the rear of the bike:).... I really doubt it would be a problem, unless the cop is having a bad day AND he was a jerk to begin with. In that case my reply would be 'I changed the stroke slightly to make it legal so it is actually 47.9cc, you'll have to disassemble my motor and measure the bore and stroke.... if you do all that and find it over 48cc's then you can give me the ticket... after you rebuild my motor.'

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I know a AZ fella went to PetSmart and had a plain round brass dog tag made up that says "48cc" peeled the sticker off the 99cc Predator motor and stuck the tag on... ;)

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
You can get a stamp kit from harbor freight (you hammer the stamp into metal). Stamp 45cc into your engine cover.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
I know a AZ fella went to PetSmart and had a plain round brass dog tag made up that says "48cc" peeled the sticker off the 99cc Predator motor and stuck the tag on... ;)
Here's how I modified mine. A member here had a batch made a while back. Check with sign companies. They can make these pretty cheaply.
IMAG0415.jpg