Bicycle Type

GoldenMotor.com

recon.soldier

Oct 2, 2012
Washington
i just bought (2) 2012 Skyhawk GT5 66/80cc angle fire slant motor kits, one for myself and my mom, both standard finish with one universal motor mount just incase.

I'v ehad my eyes on buying the Kent La Jolla 26" Cruiser (black with orange wall tires) that will look and ride smooth. Any suggestions on other bikes under 150 that will do me justice?dance1

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
The La Jolla has a very small front triangle, requiring the use of an offset intake manifold or other space maker. Conventional steel beach cruisers work well. Steel mountain bikes work good if the top tube doesn't slope a lot towards the rear. Enjoy your builds.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
in that price range you best bet is looking at crags list for a used cruiser like a schwinn with dual brakes (gears dont hurt) two brakes are a good to have on a bike capable of 30+ MPH if it needs to be a new bike look at the huffy cranbrook its a good solid starting point.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The La Jolla has a very small front triangle, requiring the use of an offset intake manifold or other space maker. Conventional steel beach cruisers work well. Steel mountain bikes work good if the top tube doesn't slope a lot towards the rear. Enjoy your builds.
The Roadmaster Mountain Storm is a good example of this. It will take an engine, but the stock air cleaner won't work. Great value for the price though...

recon.soldier

Oct 2, 2012
Washington
that Schwinn clairmont does look pretty sweet and thanks for the heads on the jolla having to short of a triangle. when my 2 kits comes in ill make sure to post pics of the finished build