Bgf slant z80s

GoldenMotor.com

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Hello all,

I bought my mb kit in september and have driven it daily here in connecticut. Seems our local law enforcement officials dont like the dozen guys in town who ride them...but because the bikes are legal, there isn't much they can do except busy our chops...i just figured out what motor I have slant z80s...riding with other guys who have different model engines from different sellers I must blow some smoke and say overall I have the quickest bike of the lot...i run a42 tooth rear sprocket with a415 chain...i find that my speeds are averaged around 32mph...I've cut the silencer canister off my bikes muffler...its loud and well it being so loud has saved my skin quite a few times...I've had my issues with mechanical failures...crank was frozen right out of the box, g different chains before I went heavy duty,4 pulley wheels, but I think the best upgrade on my part was a1 ½ inch auto muffler u bolt clamp for my front engine mount...best 2 dollars I've spent...no engine shifting...I've changed every screw and nut and washer to stainless steel and invested a chunk of change into a bottle of thread locker. I live in naugatuck connecticut and the entire town is hills...up and down everywhere...but the best part of that is the gas saving going down hill...anyone in connecticut feel free to message me...ride smart and be aggressivebrnot

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
stainless mounting hardware isnt too good of an idea, considering stainless steel work hardens, the more it flexss and moves around the harder and brittler it gets, stainless will work on every thing else, i run stainless head studs that i made.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
ah so maybe thats why ive changed hardware like 3 times...i just figured that all the damn vibrations were causing the snapping and stripping of threads...any suggestions on hardware to use? the crap they sell on ebay isnt worth it...

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Awesome...thanks moon...got one of those little mom and pop places in town...waiting for the plow man to come dig us out then I'm suiting up and off to get new hardware...

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
can always find them on fleabay, they are a common engine type and there will be a surplus of them for a while even if they are discontinued. but the z80 and the pk80 are almost the same, if not the same, i got a pk80 with over 5000 miles on her now, still runs strong, lasted me alot longer and with less problems than the gt5

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
well, if you're running a 42 tooth sprocket on 26" wheels, and all of your friends are running 44 tooth (or bigger) sprockets on 26" wheels, you WILL be faster because your gear ratio is taller.
the easiest and cheapest way to make a bike get faster top end speeds is to change the gear ratio (a smaller sprocket will give you more top end, a bigger sprocket will give you more low end torque).
even if your friends bikes have the same 42 sprocket as you, but you have taller tires (or wheels) you will still be faster.
wheel size, tire size and sprocket size all effect the gear ratio and speeds.
i have a 50 c.c. 2 stroke on a 20" bike with 20" wheels and a 41 tooth sprocket.
it will outrun my friends 80 c.c. on a 24 inch bike with 24" wheels and a 44 tooth sprocket.
if you really want to go fast, drop to a 32 tooth rear sprocket and you might get up to 40 mph.
BUT, you'd have to probably peddle the bike up to about 10 mph before you could let the clutch out because it wouldn't have much bottom end torque for take off.
(i never pedal my bikes, i ride them like motorcycles & i use the clutch to take off from a dead stop. I just coast down my driveway, pop the clutch to get the engine running & take off...i never pedal).

Last edited: