Speedo/GPS for iPhones

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
While checking out this site, I came across this niffy app for the iPhone.
It:
■routes: track your tour, post your current location at Facebook (auto-posting too) and measure your personal best time on your way to school or work
■performance determination: measure acceleration parameters before and after changing your setup, optimise your engine configuration
■DB meter: perform a noise measurement of your scooter
■virtual degree disc: your companion for correct ignition timing
■technical section including Vespa wiring diagrams and more
■light: flashlight for en route and helpful hazard flasher in case of a breakdown
■blogs and news directly on your iPhone
■picture galleries of rallies and events directly on your iPhone/iPod touch
■all videos from SIP TV on your iPhone/iPod touch

http://www.sip-scootershop.com/en/products/sip+app+scooter+tool+_50156000

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
The part that caught my eye was the:
■performance determination: measure acceleration parameters before and after changing your setup, optimise your engine configuration
■DB meter: perform a noise measurement of your scooter

I think this would be a great tool to have while testing pipes, carbs and other mods to your bike.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Interesting app.. I've played a little with 'GPS Bike', and 'GPS Speedometer', on my android phone. Can't say much about either as I still have to conquer mounting the phone on the bike in a place where it's both useful and fairly safe from damage.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Measuring the acceleration feature for racers should be a big plus because we all know that if it makes more noise...it doesn't mean ou going faster. :)

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
what's that mean ken? baird's bike would have been the fastest bike out their if he could have made it louder! thats why top fuel cars are the fastest. sheeest everybody knows that. right scotto...scotto??? my eye's burn... dennis