Need Help Please Wont Start

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Its just like the rules of lightning in the thounder storm avoid the nice tall trees . Youl probly short your CDI. As for the guitar make Jimmy Hendrix turn over in his grave while doing it. ROCK ON I'am chillen to Bob Marley at 4 in the morning life is beutiful still can't spell GOD BLESS US ALL!()(^)

MikeBike

Oct 7, 2008
Palm Springs CA.
Its just like the rules of lightning in the thounder storm avoid the nice tall trees . Youl probly short your CDI.
you know, i think i turned over the engine once or twice with the CDI connceted to the engine(blue and black wires) but not to the spark plug.

that might have done it!!!

so it might just be my CDI.

ROCK ON I'am chillen to Bob Marley at 4 in the morning life is beutiful still can't spell GOD BLESS US ALL!()(^)
man, i hear ya

MikeBike

Oct 7, 2008
Palm Springs CA.
guess what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im sooo pisssst

USPS sent my MAG and CDI back to DAX!!!!!!!!!!

BS

arrggggg

im going to blow, because my truck it broke down to..

im back walking in 95+ to day

MikeBike

Oct 7, 2008
Palm Springs CA.
OK

my USPS lady new my name and held my package and i got it yesterday!!!!!

so i tryed the NEW CDI and sparkplug, and SBP spark plug wire.

i got a spark!!!!(^)

and then i tryed to start it, it was a no go :eek:

then i put my new MAG in.

tryed to start it, it was a no go agin!!!!!!

arrggg

so i look at all of my seals, there all nice a good.

my CARB looks fine, i did a whole tear down.

i took off my HEAD to look at timing of spark and piston, they where on time (ie: piston is up when there is a spark)

the HEAD seal looked good.

i put it all back to gether and it still whould not start!!!!

F*&^&***&*^@K

i am so sad.........

any ideas anyone please

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Push the primer button for 5 seconds, use 1/2-3/4 choke and give it a try. Pedal it for awhile too, don't just pop the clutch and try it for a second or two. 10 15 seconds should do it.

MikeBike

Oct 7, 2008
Palm Springs CA.
ive tryd a combo of choke settings.

heres my normal starting steps:
adjust choke, push pea cock,
then start rideing,
let go of the cluch, and maintain a speed of 5-10mph gor about 100 feet.

theres nuthing wrong with they why im starting it. it just wont start.

TexasDav

Aug 19, 2008
Houston
Man I know your frustration:

Mine had the same problem, I had spark, it was in time, tried every combination of choke settings. Peddeled around the block gas turned off and plug removed. Thought I was going to have a heart attack it wore me out so much. Tried for a week and called Criss at Bike to Moped, where I bought the motor, he said to change the plug, which i had already done but got the right one and got it to start, but it was still a all out effort. My intake gasket was also leaking. It dosnt take many trys to foul a plug when breaking in with that high oil mix. I would get the correct new plug, take off the intake and seal with high temp sealer if the gasket is there, or make a new one if it is not. Then 3/4 choke and full throttle for a good half block or more, If no start then no choke on the return trip. I would never thought sence I had spark my plug was fouled, but it was, not hot enough spark to start. That leaking intake was the biggest problem, also check to be sure the carb is fully on the intake because of the grove that is cut will let air in. Good luck, Im sure you will whip this problem.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Is it getting gas into the carb?
If you have one of those BRASS petcocks... the gas only flows if the lever is pointing DOWN towards the carb...

If you are getting spark & gas, it should start!

Try this... while you are pedaling, reach over with your LEFT hand and slowly move the choke up & down while slowly "milking" the throttle, & keep pedaling!!!

MikeBike

Oct 7, 2008
Palm Springs CA.
Man I know your frustration:

Mine had the same problem, I had spark, it was in time, tried every combination of choke settings. Peddeled around the block gas turned off and plug removed. Thought I was going to have a heart attack it wore me out so much. Tried for a week and called Criss at Bike to Moped, where I bought the motor, he said to change the plug, which i had already done but got the right one and got it to start, but it was still a all out effort. My intake gasket was also leaking. It dosnt take many trys to foul a plug when breaking in with that high oil mix. I would get the correct new plug, take off the intake and seal with high temp sealer if the gasket is there, or make a new one if it is not. Then 3/4 choke and full throttle for a good half block or more, If no start then no choke on the return trip. I would never thought sence I had spark my plug was fouled, but it was, not hot enough spark to start. That leaking intake was the biggest problem, also check to be sure the carb is fully on the intake because of the grove that is cut will let air in. Good luck, Im sure you will whip this problem.

did try and didnt work.

MikeBike

Oct 7, 2008
Palm Springs CA.
Is it getting gas into the carb?
If you have one of those BRASS petcocks... the gas only flows if the lever is pointing DOWN towards the carb...

If you are getting spark & gas, it should start!

Try this... while you are pedaling, reach over with your LEFT hand and slowly move the choke up & down while slowly "milking" the throttle, & keep pedaling!!!
you know, i think my carb is just defective!!!

any better ones out there?

Motormac

Sep 23, 2008
Ontario Canada
Mikebike, lets start over from scratch here and we can eliminate things in proper order. Right now we need to know if you are getting a spark when you ground the plug against the block, are you? let me know and we can go on from there. Mac

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Had one yesterday with same symptoms on this forum, the answer was " all I needed was a nice hill and a little patience". When they are new , you really got to turn them over FAST to wake them up and make them run. Happy Trails and Hills Walter F.

Motormac

Sep 23, 2008
Ontario Canada
Ok mikebike, you have spark so thats good, so the problem is fuel related. Now I want you to disconnect the fuel line where it connects to the carb put a cup to catch the gas and open the petcock,is gas flowing out? let me know yes or no?

Motormac

Sep 23, 2008
Ontario Canada
Mikebike, i see that you are getting help in another thread, I will leave it at that, hopefully you find the solution to your MB problem. Let us know.Mac

MikeBike

Oct 7, 2008
Palm Springs CA.
Ok mikebike, you have spark so thats good, so the problem is fuel related. Now I want you to disconnect the fuel line where it connects to the carb put a cup to catch the gas and open the petcock,is gas flowing out? let me know yes or no?
ok and yes the gas is flowing down