ITS DONE well sort of Sportscarpat...crusier!!

GoldenMotor.com

72tx340

Mar 24, 2010
Caribou Maine

Its going to get a few more changes still playing with the truss rod front end ive got 2 more styles to try!!

its also going to be a board tracker im setting up another set of bars then just lower the seat set it back some and whammo a boardie too!!

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Finally a cruiser! Very nice job. Does the lantern work? If it does you should take a picture tonight so we can all see it glow. Oh, I scored a few 18t rear sprocket kits and I also have a few sets of gas tank straps that match the oil tank straps. Let me know if you want a set of straps, and trust me, you do. So I am guessing you keep a box of strike anywhere matches (period correct?) in your oil tank/tool box to light the lantern. Heck, you might want to put a small fire extinguisher in there just in case!

72tx340

Mar 24, 2010
Caribou Maine
Well the lantern is a calcium carbide lamp. I cleaned it and looks like it will work. There are tons of them on ebay. This one was 40.00. I also changed the pedals to look more period correct. I found a cross bar handel bar too so may change to that. I also have 2 other designs of truss rods so those may change too.

This Sportscarpat Kit as shown can be done many ways. For us non fab guys it makes making one of these much more simple.

Just went on a long ride and all was great....of course i got stoped by on lookers who wanted to know what it was. I smile more riding this than a regular motorcycle!!

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Very nice job. I'm also working on a Worksman cruiser... not a boardie, but a cruiser with a vintage look. How hard is it keeping those tires clean? They sure look good.
SB

72tx340

Mar 24, 2010
Caribou Maine
Not hard at all i use tire wet which is a silicone it takes all the bad stuff off with ease and leaves them protected so they dont get dirty as easy.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Awesome job
Were did you get the tires from? I agree with SB Bending over to ride a boardtracker would be hard on this old fart

72tx340

Mar 24, 2010
Caribou Maine
Yup but im going both ways....thats a sentence i dont want to say again!! I want to display it as a boardtracker but ride as a cruser. Im still looking for a acceptable bar setup i hate upside down bars they just look upside down!!

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
You should maybe change the front fork to a older style if you are going to change the bars.I think it looks good the way it is.

Last edited: