Tyres -approved in the UK?

GoldenMotor.com

fran9r

Apr 26, 2010
UK
Hello people.

I'm very interested in building a board tracker type machine, as I think it would be an excellent compliment to my other motorbikes.

I know that registering it in the UK will be tricky, and just wondered if there was anyone that had done this? I think the major issue will be tyres -anyone know of E marked and speed rated tyres that are still a large enough diameter to look right?

meowy84

Jul 18, 2009
Canada
Isn't there a girl from the UK on here? I think her name is Emma...not sure of the full screen name. She might be of some help.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Doing some further research leaves me even more confused. What does the "E marked" mean? From what I can tell an E rated tire has 10 plies (my 4x4 with 33" mud tires are only rated C as in 8 plies Also a tire with a speed rating of E can go 43mph/70kph safely for 10 minutes. Do they even make a tire with that speed rating?

thefruitgnome

Dec 20, 2008
UK
There was some guy in scotland who regestered a motorized bike properly. I saw a clip on youtube. Ill try and find a link, maybe worth contacting him?

thefruitgnome

Dec 20, 2008
UK
I seem to remeber seeing him on the news becuase he was the first person in a long time to licence a motorized bike or somthing...although i could be wrong.