Did I get a used engine?

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Well, here's what I got back from B G F.....

we only sell new kit. never have used. u know that.
don't play around
good luck

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Well, here's what I got back from B G F.....

we only sell new kit. never have used. u know that.
don't play around
good luck
Oh for pete's sake...just for fun I'll dissect this one..wee. If you are prone to being easily offended, please don't read this post...

(1) "We only sell new kit"

New "KITS" maybe? Plural yes...you say you have sold thousands?

Who is "We", and amongst "We", why do "YOU" not have anyone who can deal with the public and manage a simple sentence in English?

How about: "We" are committed to offering new kits at the lowest possible price, sometimes things slip through...I'll look into it.

(2) "never have used" Never have used what? Marijuana, Crack, Heroin, Crystal-Meth?

How about: We have a totally separate area in our warehouse for returns.

(3) "u know that"

This comment insinuates that Joe has purchased several hundred kits and has a working knowledge of the BGF enterprise...HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

(4) "don't play around"

This comment reminds me of a Mafioso trying to protect his territory!

How about: Nobody is "playing around", you accidently shipped a scrap engine!!!

(5) "Good luck"

I don't know how to put this gingerly..."Good luck" means Fu**-Off!

BGF you better get a front FAST, or you are going to loose your business.

Yes, of course I understood the intent of his reply to Joe...I picked it apart hoping he would get the message!

Jim

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Sorry but i have bought 6 kits from Boygofast and they've all been new and in perfect condition.
My kit from him was shipped promptly and complete, and I gave him a "full" positive on ebay! I'm hoping he reads my posts so that he doesn't loose his business!!! The verbal thrashing I give him, is for his own good!!!

Resellers have a nightmare on thier hands....I posted regarding this on this thread!

Dealers need to know thier products and be prepared to defend thier product when someone is trying to take advantage.

Jim

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Dear BGF,
Please feel free to make a copy of the enclosed letter so that it can be sent to Mr. Heemio. I know it is very hard to admit that you or someone within your company can make a mistake. Being in law enforcement for over 30 years I never met a crook who admitted guilt.

Dear Mr. Heemio,

I would like to offer my sincere apology for the used motor you received. BGF admits that our inspection and shipping of these kits has not been up to par. We are sorry for the inconvience this has caused you and will ship a new kit ASAP. We will pay the frieght and send a tracking number as soon as it is available.

Sincerely,

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I think it's possible that the used engine could have been placed into a "new" kit box at the factory in China.
I have ZERO confidence in the quality of the products or the factory workers in China!

I think Rick SHOULD replace the guys kit, & keep the customer happy... but I can also see how he might be skeptical of a customer trying to pull the wool over his eyes.

dnut dnut dnut dnut

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
This post was lost due to the outage so I will re-post what I can remember...

Heemlo-
This is OUR hobby, and bgf is in it to make money, not that that's a bad thing.

If you get no satisfaction from bgf, mount it up and run it. If you need parts, I will do my best to match up what you need and send them to you for the cost of postage. I have a few spares, but no main cases. I don't think where the chain was rubbing will cause you any problems.

I would consider it a lesson learned and run it. In all likelyhood, it will serve you well.

Keep us posted willya?

Heemlo

Nov 17, 2008
New Jersey
Hey thx for the support guys. Some of your posts crack me up lol. Anyways I escalated it to a claim a few days ago and paypal says waiting on seller response still. Paypal is supposed to resolve it within 30 days so I'll know by the end of the month. I don't know how paypal claims work, like how either of us is supposed to prove our side, or who the burden of proof is on, but I guess I'll find out. If I just get my money back I'll probably start up the engine and see how it runs before I decide whether or not to buy a new one. Til then, just overhauling my bike to have it in tip top shape.

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
I wish you the best of luck with Paypal. They make the claim process so difficult....
I ALWAYS use my credit card, even thru Paypal, so if there is a problem, and Paypal wont help, I dispute it with the credit card company..........

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Usually, you will have to send the engine back and PayPal will refund your price. You will have to absorb the cost of shipping it back.

Small price to pay if you ask me.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
i would not expect much from pay pal. my 84 buys from ebay have all turned out good except 1 five dollar rip off. i had to wait 3 months for a 43cc mitsubushi engine from vizsa motors in az. $206. i pd with pay pal but not ebay auction. direct from dealer. pay pal would do nothing. i hear they usually site with the dealer. good luck, maybe run it as others have suggested.