my 700c single speed 2 stroke 80cc

GoldenMotor.com

Izzy

Dec 23, 2008
chicago
as you can see this is my first build ever. im still dealing with the break in period, but its fast. i wanted to make it simple light and fast. i also used a flip flop hub and attached the 40 tooth sprocket to the hub in order to relieve some stress from the spokes i then fastened the rest the normal way just for redundancy. a double pull brake lever to actuate bothe brakes and a brake lever for the clutch i have a new clutch that my brother got me for christmas its a cnced clutch. it will go on as soon as i get a nice locking brake lever.

Attachments

seca40

Nov 15, 2008
Albuquerque
Boy I'll bet that thing rips with those skinny tires..wee. It makes me want to build one. I do have another kit coming. Hmmm.

Izzy

Dec 23, 2008
chicago
souds great if you do fine a fixed gear flip flop wheel run the pedal drive treain to a freewheel and tack weld the gear to the fixed gear cog and fasten it onto the hub. i can do a writeup on the process and flip flop wheels have become very inexpensive.

Izzy

Dec 23, 2008
chicago
ive also thought about machining a wheel that would allow me to mount the 40 tooth cog to a disc brake mount.

Izzy

Dec 23, 2008
chicago
its still a work in progress im going to make some covers for the middle section of the frame to protect the lines and wires.

Izzy

Dec 23, 2008
chicago
alright this project was fun and i would be happy to make a write up, i will most likely be building another one soon.

Izzy

Dec 23, 2008
chicago
it would work people do it to make mountain bike fixed geared bikes downhill mountain biking hubs are very strong. im trying to eliminate spoke breaking and increase the life span on wheels

brisbane_boy

Oct 26, 2008
Australia Brisbane
i like it man, i had 1 of this 700c bike b4 i sold it. i regret the sell now but oh well.
Can u get those wheel with disc brakes but? i know they dont use disc brakes on racing bike because they are to heavy??
It looks good but man. can u take some close ups of the bak wheel so we can see how u hav mounted the sprocket on the wheel?

Izzy

Dec 23, 2008
chicago
the disc brake wheel would be a custom wheel that i would build. i build my own wheels im a bicycle mechanic by trade and i teach youth and adult classes. aside from that i come from a long line of engineers. so combining my knowledge i figured out the game pretty quickly. im probably going to build a disc brak hub onto a 700c rim next and build a multi- speed road bike with a motor assist. im going to try and get something like a schwinn letour or any of the schwinns produced by panasonic in the eighties. the motor kits seem to be very easily mounted to an 80's road frame. skinny steel tubes for the win. though the bike i built here is actually one of the first aluminum frames ever produced. its an 80's miyata and it was a great frame, light and strong. also when considering the weight of the disc brake hub, eh its a motorized bike i dont need to shave grams like some racer, the motor will still propel me very quickly im a small guy im 5'8'' and 130 pounds.

Izzy

Dec 23, 2008
chicago
alright well im replying to a post about park bike stands and all i have to say is any park stand is a good bicycle stand and i wouldt see the need to take any wheel off.

Izzy

Dec 23, 2008
chicago
ok so im still blind from the welding but i just have to show my newest home made saddle. It's built entirely out of recycled goods :). also a closeup of flip flop hub mounting. I just noticed you can see my cats little fat butt in the first picture.

Attachments

Last edited: