DAX RT Carburetor question

GoldenMotor.com

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
I wonder what is the difference between the DAX RT throttle cable and the normal throttle cables that comes with the Chinese 2 stroke engines?

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
The 10.5cm draw elbow that feeds the cable on top of the carb is what calls for a specially sized cable. You can replace it with the NT cable guide-bolt and that will allow you to use a standard cable if that is what you wanted to do.

Another thing is the quality of the cable. The RT cable is of lower quality to me, I replaced 2 before making the switch. Now, I have the RT carb setup with the NT cable and NT guide-bolt. A much tighter feeling throttle, and have not had to replace since. Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
Yeah if draw length is the ONLY difference, I just need to modify the one cable I currently have and shave some of that black outer off to correct the short draw length.
If there are any other differences let me know.

What's the NT cable guide bolt?
Maybe that's all I will need to do.

Thanks.

steampunk

Mar 10, 2011
lakewood co
use the nt's barrel adjuster and the stock cable dont use the elbow that came with it and your golden...the guide bolt/barrel adjuster is the hollow bolt that the housing(black part) sits in and lets the cable go through the hollow part...un screw it from the larger cap that screws to the body of the nt carb