Think my engine's a lemon

GoldenMotor.com

Comrade Alfonzo

Jul 15, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
Are the RAW80cc's from zone8 better quality than the chinese engines, because I think my engine is a lemon, since one of the covers came with a stripped screw and another partialy stripped screw, and I don't know how to get at the clutch shaft because it is not disengaging the engine, also the new bike I got for the motor is a Peugoet Glacier Point, the motor is currently on a '73 Schwinn Suburban but it's too narrow in back and I can't line up the sprocket.:-||

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Stripped screw heads are common on these engines...
Don't start messin with the clutch until you get it all put together, & then figure out if the clutch is sticking!

Comrade Alfonzo

Jul 15, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
chain is on now, let me rephrase that question, are there any 2strokes that are more reliable than the generic 66cc from Gasbike.net or other retailers, for example a grubee GT5 or RAW80 or DAX Super Duty F80

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Well there's the Franco Morini Engine ifn you wanna pay for it lol ;) I think they're around $500 or so, but they are smexy as all heck *drools*

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
chain is on now, let me rephrase that question, are there any 2strokes that are more reliable than the generic 66cc from Gasbike.net or other retailers, for example a grubee GT5 or RAW80 or DAX Super Duty F80
No.
Maybe a Chris Hill re-worked engine, or one you go over yourself and correct/enhance.
.........................................................................................................................................

Comrade Alfonzo

Jul 15, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
well thanks, I'll probs end up with another engine, possibly a Grube or RAW80 and I bought the Peugoet Glacier Point at Bike Works used for 65$ and a new tire and it had a cracked headset nut thingy that we found a new one for but even with that tightened and the little hex head screw above it tightened thje handlebars can turn sepperatley from the wheel, gonna check the local bike shop for help.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
I bought the Peugoet Glacier Point at Bike Works used for 65$ .
I don't suppose you have a pic or link to the "Peugoet" Glacier Point? Maybe somebody added a Peugeot decal to the Target bike and you are confused over spelling. There is no such company as "Peugoet" and only Magna (Target captive brand) makes Glacier Point.

Comrade Alfonzo

Jul 15, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
Peugoet is the French Manufacturing company that makes cars, they've also made bikes. This is a Peugoet since I don't think Magna made the Glacier Point when this bike was made, mid 90's, and it is paint, not stickers plus it has quality Shimano Gearing and derallieurs. might be able to get a link later, gotta catch a bus.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
Peugoet is the French Manufacturing company that makes cars, they've also made bikes. This is a Peugoet since I don't think Magna made the Glacier Point when this bike was made, mid 90's, and it is paint, not stickers plus it has quality Shimano Gearing and derallieurs. might be able to get a link later, gotta catch a bus.
Again, maybe you're thinking of "Peugeot", not "Peugoet"? I have a Peugeot bike and, true, it does not even vaguely resemble the few dozen Magna Galciers Points purchased at Target starting around 1998. I am open to correction.

Comrade Alfonzo

Jul 15, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
With Zone 8 not shipping untilOct 26 I got some time to order the RAW80 kit, so does anyone know what the prob wit my engine is, I pulled the clutch shaft and the bearing and put both back in and looking at the other side when the clutch arm is pulled in the silver plate on the big gear flexes out, but the clutch still does not disengage, PLEASE HELP, lookin to save $140