Good, two stroke motor kit.

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Hope hou get in asap Eric, I order a few things from time to time from China and some come in less than 2 weeks and other have taking up to 4-5 weeks, some venders get things out quickly and for some reason they get to me fairly quick while others who say they're in the same region take much longer.

Hopefully you wont have an extremely long wait.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
I know it.

It's getting exciting as I am going to have more tolerance this time until I get that hunk of cheap cast aluminum running, lol.

I'm already playing with the bike itself, by mocking up what it would look like as a board racer... Flipped the bars around low, mocked up the seat to go back further, then test sat on it.....feels pretty cool, lots of room for my knees. Looks a lot better as well. I may still put straight bars on....have to see.

So yes, itching to get the motor on it and get it to pur so I can get confidence to actually strip and customize the bike a little.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Just checked transit status on my motor and UPS hasn't even received the box yet. I'm now thinking it is coming from China....ughhhhh I would of passed if I knew this beforehand and just got the bikeberry motor or the Dax....which I really should of done. I don't feel like waiting a month or whatever it's going to take.

I might request a cancellation of this order. It's been 7 days and I have heard nothing.

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
That's the same message I get from him every time I order a motor.
I have never had to wait a protracted amount of time for delivery.....

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
That's pretty much how it goes anytime you order from china, or any asian country for that matter, they usually don't communicate at all with you but one day you got a package waiting when ya get home from work. I've ordered some things from China and got the stuff as quickly as 4 days, and other stuff that took 5 weeks so I avoid ordering from there unless I can't get the stuff any other way.
I've been seeing a few of the better cylinders with the wide flat transfers up for sale on ebay and they're all in China but I need to order at least 3 of them so good thing I'm not in a hurry with that. The guy who's bike I'm fixing at the shop also wants one of those cylinders so I still got his bike until one comes in, luckily he's not in a hurry either...

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
just got one of those cylinderz myself today Dave, ordered it on Feb 3rd got it in my box March 6th

sometimes 2-3 weeks with a few things but 4-5 for most is common wait time for me from China or Hong Kong.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yup.. that's pretty much my experience ordering from there...
I ordered a 21mm carb 2 weeks ago and who knows when it'll get here... lol
For the cylinders, I'm in no hurry there, just need to build up a good stash of them so I can build a few more bikes this coming winter to sell when business slows down to keep the cash coming in. My plan is to use Dax lowers with these cylinders and pistons then get the better wrist pin bearings and use either Puch or Fred heads. The jugs will just get a basic cleanup of the casting ridge and the excess nikasil removed, then I'll regulate the top speed by using a larger rear sprocket like the 48 or 50 tooth size range to keep them closer to 30 than 40 mph as well as having a nice torquey feel to them. the customers can buy smaller sprockets if they want after they get used to riding them but all of mine should top out at just over 30.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yup.. that's pretty much my experience ordering from there...
I ordered a 21mm carb 2 weeks ago and who knows when it'll get here... lol
For the cylinders, I'm in no hurry there, just need to build up a good stash of them so I can build a few more bikes this coming winter to sell when business slows down to keep the cash coming in. My plan is to use Dax lowers with these cylinders and pistons then get the better wrist pin bearings and use either Puch or Fred heads. The jugs will just get a basic cleanup of the casting ridge and the excess nikasil removed, then I'll regulate the top speed by using a larger rear sprocket like the 48 or 50 tooth size range to keep them closer to 30 than 40 mph as well as having a nice torquey feel to them. the customers can buy smaller sprockets if they want after they get used to riding them but all of mine should top out at just over 30.
ive been thinking about building me a simple mtb with 24" rear and 26" front wheel and then putting a big enough sprocket on it o limit speed to maybe mid 20's just for a lower speed trail bike that will run through rough terrain an small humps and hills that I can get a little low speed air on as im able to run up them.

I had one bike with a 44T for a short time and it almost had the power for that task, im thi king a 44T o a 24" wheel would be a stump puller with the right engine set up.

maybe take one of the rectangular port jugs, mill about .020 off bottom and then mill top for higher compression, 5.0cc Fred head, just a good free flowing exhaust and an RT carb, good padded seat, suspension forks, BMX bars, and goo rat trap peddles and nice agressive tread knobby tires.

im thinking a fun low speed torquey stump jumper like this would be fun to play around on the trails with.

might need a 48T even on the 24" wheel but I'll just have to see how the 44T works first.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Been thinking on the same lines since those trials bikes have so much bottom end torque... not a whole lot of top speed, but no need to go above 25 mph on those to have a lot of fun.
My thoughts on the engine are nice wide ports with a low ceiling on the exhaust and a high floor on the intake side or maybe a reed valve setup on the intake, as much compression as I can run on pump gas, a good dirtbike pipe with some extra header length added, and modify the mag coil mount to make the ignition timing adjustable and the engine should pull hard below 5000 rpm.
rear sprocket size could be 48 to 56 teeth on a 24" wheel with some fat agressive knobby tires and a 26" front, it would look sick and pull like a freight train if the engine is tuned to perform best at 5k rpm and below... I got a few ideas how to set up an engine like this but I'd still like to see some port maps for trials engines to get a general idea how they map them out for lots of bottom end torque for those quick bursts of power.
A smaller carb would also help since they tend to be more responsive and there's no real need to rev the engine sky high.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
My thought would be to use one of the new fat tire bikes for trail riding. Wally world with disk breaks fornt and rear a little spendy up fornt but well worth it in the long run............Curt

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
That's pretty much how it goes anytime you order from china, or any asian country for that matter.

The thing is I wished they would of gave me the option of going ahead with the back-order from China(and wait long time) or to pass on the order. On the listing it showed they have a California based outlet, So I assumed it was coming from California. Then I get the notification that it's now coming from China.

I would of passed and just got one from BikeBerry if I knew I'd be waiting three weeks, month...?? I have one more week off from work, kinda wanted to get this thing rolling before then.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Ok I'm going to swallow my pride here and admit I was a little jumpy about this.

UPS tracking shows my motor has arrived in my towns Post Office and out for delivery. Looks like I'm getting it today.

Sorry. Delivery by Monday, 03/09/2015, By End of Day

Last edited:

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
**** since I'm in town and it shows it's there at UPS I'm only a few miles from there ATM...Gonna go see if I can get it right now!

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
As I stated before ALL orders from Song Top are accompanied by that very massage.
I think it is his way of covering his A-- encase he is low on stock in the states...
I am glad that you have an engine kit to work with . enjoy it and be safe....
( Don't forget to replace the acorns on the head.............)

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
As I stated before ALL orders from Song Top are accompanied by that very massage.
I think it is his way of covering his A-- encase he is low on stock in the states...
I am glad that you have an engine kit to work with . enjoy it and be safe....
( Don't forget to replace the acorns on the head.............)

UPS where I am is closed today and tomorrow hence the Monday delivery time. I hate that....can't wait to get going on this project.

I'm putting the engine directly onto the bike as it sits now, get everything bolted down nice, mix the correct gas/oil mix ect ect, then get it started and go on an actual short ride on it. I'm doing this before any bicycle modifications.

So Far I have learned to mix the oil, synthetic at around 30:1 instaed of 16:1, and only run it for about 10 minutes, regulating the throttle up and down.

Yes, I'll replace the acorns....I did that on my stinger sd as well and I'll make sure the MAG has no varnish left on it, sand it if necessary and just overall make sure every single bolt, nut screw is tightened correctly.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Glad the engine will be in your hands shortly Eric, I know you're in a hurry and you have psome frustration built up from the past experience with the "Stinger" engine, but although you may have good results just bolting it on, please keep in mind that most of the suggestions we've given here aren't performance mod oriented, but rather reliability oriented things that can and will likely be the difference between having a good experience with this song-top kit or potential issues of having thing going wrong one right after the other.

Main thing is get thing mou ted correctly and use a dab of blue loctite on nuts and studs, tighten things jp good but remember most all the fasteners are soft small 6mm hardware, the most critical to use caution on are the rear mounting studs and then the front mounting studs and yes in that order since the rear studs are usually the first to break or back out if not done up right, get these tight but dont get rough with them and they will normally hold up fine.

make sure intake and exhaust studs and nuts are secure and use blue loctite on them also, intake gaskets are known to be a little thin and prone to leak so make sure they're tightened down evenly.

best wishes and I know we all hope this turns out to be a successful adventure for you.

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
I got the motor kit today and my first impressions are good. Engine and kit seem good and it has the shorty intake and slant head. Everything came bundled up well and arrived unscathed. A test fit on th bike revealed that it's going to be a very easy installation almost as if the bike were made for the engine. No clearance problems between peddals and muffler either. This Song-Top engine looks like it;s going to work out.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I got the motor kit today and my first impressions are good. Engine and kit seem good and it has the shorty intake and slant head. Everything came bundled up well and arrived unscathed. A test fit on th bike revealed that it's going to be a very easy installation almost as if the bike were made for the engine. No clearance problems between peddals and muffler either. This Song-Top engine looks like it;s going to work out.

Good deal, take time and get it all right the first time and I'll bet you'll be cruising in no time flat.