Is there a Canadian version of this site?

GoldenMotor.com

HarleyXLH666

Feb 26, 2013
Niagara Falls
All I see on here is talk about Tractor Supply, Tractor Supply, Tractor supply and I'm starting to get a little POed now. Guess what...CANADA DOES NOT HAVE A TRACTOR SUPPLY STORE. So where can I find #41 roller chain in Niagara Falls,Ontario? Been looking for 3 days now.

Last edited by a moderator:

HarleyXLH666

Feb 26, 2013
Niagara Falls
Cancel this post. Turns outthere is a Tractor supply in canada. Its called Incredible Country Hardware store. Why cant they just call the xxxx place tractor supply? I swear this xxxx bike is becoming more toruble that its worth

Last edited by a moderator:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Cancel this post. Turns outthere is a Tractor supply in canada. Its called Incredible Country Hardware store. Why cant they just call the damn place tractor supply? I swear this damn bike is becoming more toruble that its worth
I know the frustration sets in at times for some, but for many of us part of the fun/adventure is the tinkering and tweaking things until we get it just the way we want it, when you get things lined out and everything is solid and set up as good as it can be, you will loose the frustration and trade it for a big smile, these bikes are very enjoyable once all the little things are done.

Hope you get things just the way you want it soon, just hang in there....

Peace, Map

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I really just can't understand why your inability to find #41 chain would cause you to become upset with this forum. This is a global website, but the truth is that we don't get very many members here from Canada due to the fact that motorized bicycles are illegal in most parts of your country. We have members from several other countries, but I would say that the majority of our members live in the U.S. We refer to stores that are common here, such as Tractor Supply, Walmart, Advance Auto Parts, Radio Shack, quite often. I'm sorry if they don't have some of those stores in Canada, and I'm also sorry if that upsets you, but really it isn't our fault. There used to be a Canadian vendor with a website that had a forum, perhaps that website is still up and you can check there for advice on where to find upgrade/heavy duty parts in your country. The website was called zoombicycles.com. Since they shipped exclusively to Canada, I have not looked at their website in quite some time and do not know if they are still in business. Alternatively, I believe www.thatsdax.com ships to Canada. He has quality parts and customer service that can't be beat. Because he ships from the U.S., shipping outside the U.S. will obviously be more expensive. You can also check go-kart suppliers in Canada for #41 chain.

Last edited:

HarleyXLH666

Feb 26, 2013
Niagara Falls
I wasnt taking it out on anyone or on the site or placing blame on anyone. I was annoyed and so tired I LITERALLY falling asleep at the keyboard when I posted that. (Guess that explains all the spelling mistakes and stuff) I'm just in kind of an emergency situation to find a chain and I need it by tmrw 3:30pm. What was getting to me is all this time looking and 99.9% of the suggestions were for a store that I have no access to and was hitting dead ends at every local place I called and even bike shops and auto shops can't point me in the right directionj. There answer is I don't know.

Zoom Bicycles is where I got the motor from originally but there hasnt been any forum activity for 2 month so Im highly doubtful I would get a reply on there by tmrw.

Royal Distributing unless I overlooked something it lists chains on p. 250 and 304. They do not have 41 or 415. The smallest they list is 420.

Thatdax has good prices and I bookmarked them but there is no way they could have this to me by tmrw and of course just my luck it would also get held up at customs for a week or something like that + there is also shipping so that would make the same price as if I went to Princess auto in Ontario. Only problem with that is Im not up for pedaling 4 hours to Hamilton especially with all the uphill/downhill roads here. There a reason I put a motor on my bike.

And this is the reason I am so desperate to find a place locally that sells them. If I have to order them from online I swear Im gonna order like 10 or something so I never have to look for one of these chains again.

Bottom line is Im not placing BLAME on anyone. I was looking for an active forum similar to this where I could find people locally that might be able tto say yeah they have them at this place. Its at the corner of xxx and xxx street.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
try Napa,,,
I haven't lived in the Falls for 9-10 yrs, but I think they are on Bridge street ;)
they can also mix any colour (haha, notice how I snuck the canadian spelling in?) auto paint and put it in a rattle can for you !!!

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Hmm... haven't lived in Ontario for about 6 years, myself...
Try TSC stores.. as they bill themselves, "your superstore for farm/auto/hardware".. I recall the one I used to poke around in in the London area had just about everything. There must be one in your area, even surrounded by vinyards some folks'll need farm supply equipment. NAPA is also a good place to go, too. Then there's Princess Auto, of course. And you can always make that quick trip over the bridge to Buffalo if you need something from an American supplier.

On a side note, I make myself re-read any post I'm about to hit 'submit' on, not only for spelling etc, but to see if I should post it or cancel it due to fatigue (If I'm too tired I really shouldn't hit 'Enter'..) or pain (I'm not the nicest person when my arthritis is acting up, but I often don't realise it until I review what I'm about to post).

Mar 31, 2013
RI
Hmm... haven't lived in Ontario for about 6 years, myself...
Try TSC stores.. as they bill themselves, "your superstore for farm/auto/hardware".. I recall the one I used to poke around in in the London area had just about everything. There must be one in your area, even surrounded by vinyards some folks'll need farm supply equipment. NAPA is also a good place to go, too. Then there's Princess Auto, of course. And you can always make that quick trip over the bridge to Buffalo if you need something from an American supplier.

On a side note, I make myself re-read any post I'm about to hit 'submit' on, not only for spelling etc, but to see if I should post it or cancel it due to fatigue (If I'm too tired I really shouldn't hit 'Enter'..) or pain (I'm not the nicest person when my arthritis is acting up, but I often don't realise it until I review what I'm about to post).
...i proofread EVERYTHING i post and so i NEVER post ANYTHING i don't MEAN to post.

bozo

HarleyXLH666

Feb 26, 2013
Niagara Falls
So I finally gave up on looking for a 41 chain after coming to the conclusion that they cannot and will not be found in Niagara Falls. I went to a steel fabrication shop and had a spring loaded tensioner made the same as the one in this thread 2nd last post -> http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=28941&page=3 to take up the excess slack in my chain since the stock tensioner would not take up the enough slack and removing a link made it too short to connect the ends together even with the stock tensioner at its lowest point.

The bike rode great and there was some metal on metal noise which was gone after making this tensioner as well as it was a lot smoother in the jerkiness dept.

After a couple good smooth starts the next time I went to start it something jammed up. I tried pedaling slowly and starting it a few times to try and find what was jamming but before I could my chain snapped and somehow popped out the holding pin on the clutch lever along with the little spring. So I removed the link again now the chain is too short. I said to **** with the tensioner and I was in the process of taking it off and my pliers slipped and I ended up snapping a spoke on my back rim. Whenever I get a new chain that tensioner is going in the parts bin and I'm going without a tensioner.

Great for everyone who has a car and their bikes are just a leaisure thing but this bike is my ONLY means of transportation so what I need to know now is when I order a new chain and finish waiting a week for shipping, since I'm going to be riding around missing a spoke what is the best way to maximize whatever life is left in the back rim. ($ at the current time does not allow the purchase of a new rim so I need to make this one last as long as possible). What do I need to look for so I know the rim is going to fail at any time? Will other spokes just start to bend, will the ride just get wobbly or will they snap too while riding and jam up in other spokes creating for a crash??? Whats the best way to know a rim is 150% finished without waiting for the actual crash?

Attachments

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Sorry for all your troubles HarleyXLH666, to bad you live in an area that doesn't have what you need.

I get mine sometimes from a local bike shop, I use KMC415H chains and they are very good quality, the guy at my bike shop didn't know what I was talking about when I first told him I was looking for a 415 Chain but when I told him it was a chain with 1/2" pitch X 3/16" he knew what I was talking about and actually had two lengths of it on hand, 415H is a good heavy duty chain with 3700lb strength if you happen to find it also.

best wishes and hope you get your bike going soon.

Map

HarleyXLH666

Feb 26, 2013
Niagara Falls
So after all this BS, a couple cigarettes and a closer look at the spoke something FIIIINNNNAAALLLLYYYY worked out in my favor. The spoke turned out not to be broken. It just snapped the nipple. Took one off another rim that did not fit because it has more gear sprockets than this one, switched out the nipple and its fixed. Now if only the chain could be this easy.

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
How's it goin' eh? It sounds like you don't know about this site: http://speeddemon.ca/motorized-bicycles/parts.html?cat=30

You could also weld some rear drop-outs and use adjustable chain tensioners found at:
http://www.chainganglowrider.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=62

No worries man, I know you was just letting out some frustration and I found it quite funny. I hope that Speeddemon is close enough for you to drive to or get a friend to get you there. A cold six pack goes a long way, but of course, only after the driving is done. I will try to help you as best I can and Speeddemon will be a great resource for you.

- Chaz

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
If you pop a spoke you will feel your rear brakes pulsing immediately if you have rim brakes. Best idea is to find a rear wheel with heavier or at least stainless spokes. You can probably find one free at your local dump/recycle centre.