Shifter Kit from www.sickbikeparts.com

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Don't be afraid to bring your small sprocket out to the end of the shaft. This is why we give very specific instructions on these steps. If the steps are unclear or there is not enough detail, we are 100% open to suggestions.

Looks nice though. In a day or two, you will want left handed shifting.

amealnet

Sep 19, 2008
what is the purpose of a shifter kit? more speed? more power? is it really worth the expense and the effort?

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
Having gear choice allows better use of the power available by keeping the rpms in the better power band. This will first allow the motor to get more performance with less stress and last longer. Second you can start quicker and go faster but this may negate the first if you are always over reving to go fast and get quick starts.

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
what is the purpose of a shifter kit? more speed? more power? is it really worth the expense and the effort?
Purpose is to be able to use the gears on your bike to match engine speed to road speed and riding environment. FAST acceleration. Doesn't change engine power but more power is put to use.

Ask the other folks. We have over 175 satisfied customers.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Man you guys are killing me one day I will pick your brain on the phone with me credit card out to buy one, just too many many money distractions at the this time LOL GOD BLESS

CalgarysFool

Aug 30, 2008
I like the clean, efficient simplicity of the set up. One chain, not two! Make actual use of the multi-speed gears that come with/can be put on a bike. I think it won't be long for me, either.

Tell me, though, do you need a stronger chain? Or, can one be used with "stock" gears that come on the bike?

Brenton

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Tell me, though, do you need a stronger chain? Or, can one be used with "stock" gears that come on the bike?
I've been using my 20 year old stock bike chain for 8+ months now. This is not say "ignore your chain" If your chain is weak already or the plates are bent then we recommend getting a new chain and always keep all chains well lubed and clean.

raptor50

Sep 1, 2008
just want everyone to know pablo and jim are most honest and reliable people you could do buisness with . they will stand 100% behind there shifter kits.and do what ever it takes to fix the prblem you might have.to be honest i don,t think i EVER delt with anyone more trust worthy as them to.they did everything except come to my house to help me fix the problems i had.i would HIGHLY reconmend there shifter kit.they are the coolest thing you can add to your MB. But i would highly reconmend putting a pull start on the HT motor.takes all the stress off the shifter kit.after putting recoil starter on engine had 0 problems .have 900 miles on shifter with no trouble at all with it. thanks again jim and pablo for all your help.

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI All,

Since I had been contacted by several people regarding the possibility of alternate chain rings for the SBP Shifter Kit, I decided to make a few today and though I'd post some pics for those of you out there who want to experiment with different gearing....

The pics show a 36T , a 44T and a 50T chain ring.

For weight conscious people, we will be putting lightening holes in the 36T sprocket for production models.

The pictures are of our hobbed chain rings.

I will be making red anodized CNC'd chain rings this weekend for my bike (I want to do some red chain rings since some of the parts on the bike for my next build are red and I wanted to color coordinate).

The CNC models may be a bit lighter since I will be able to make bigger cutouts (The hobbing machine can only make circles but I may experiment with "sausage" cutouts which the hobbing machine can also do).

The Chain ring weights are as follows (hobbed version):

Stock: 36T weighs 9.3 OZ Our Super Sprockets : 3.3 OZ (w/o lightening
holes)

Stock: 44T weighs 15.0 OZ Our Super Sprockets : 4.2 OZ

Our 50T Super Sprocket : 5.5 OZ

NOTE: We can make pretty much any size you could reasonably need. For pricing look to our myspace page at : myspace.com/kingssalesandservice

These chain rings are made using the same materials and care as our rear Super Sprockets.

Have fun!

Andrew

PS - I'll try to take better pictures next time....don't know why the flash didn't light up the sprocket details better.....

I will post Pics of our CNC'd version shortly....

Attachments

Last edited:

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Glad to see you've had so many satisfied customers Pablo.

I still want to get a kit, but I'm in a pickle about whether to improve the bike or save for a mc :(

kcmcf

Jun 9, 2008
Alliance,NE
i did a wheelie for about 20 feet last week on mine from a standing stop scared the p*** out of me. wasnt expecting it, i have a few good bumbs on the way to work that i can get some good air on tho.

Pablo

Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Wheelies also depend a lot on weight distribution and the angle of the dangle. On my mountain bike I have a lot of my breakfast of brownies and pie chub hanging over the front…….of the bike…..not a wheelie master… :(