Shifter Kit Installed

GoldenMotor.com

Clotho

May 25, 2008
OK!

I'm really very new to this, as I've stated in other posts. Nevertheless, after having read up on all this for the last 2 or 3 days it occurred to me that I would like to build a motorized bike with the shift kit and an internal shift hub. I was about to start a new thread asking about this when I came across this one.

My concerns were exactly dealing with the stresses on the hub and how durable it would be when subjected to a motor drive.

Excellent thread!!!

Please keep us up to date on your findings.
As per Sick Bike Parts themselves: Requirements

If you haven't built a motorized bike before you should start with that. Buy a kit, Install it, Once you have it running smoothly and you feel confident in your abilities then install the Shift kit.

OSCAR383

Jul 22, 2008
WEST FRANKFORT, IL
I Just Bought A Motor From The Swap Shop Here And I Think Im Just Gonna Have To Do It. In First / Second Gear Does It Pull Up Hill Pretty Good ??? Ive Got My Schwinn Stingray For Show And Im Gonna Do Shift Kit On My Mountain Bike For Trail Riding Will Probably Have To Do Something About The Exhaust Im Sure Itll Get Drug Off

Enerarevir

Oct 2, 2008
Thanks!

Your advice is sound for anyone, especially a newbie.

I've got the "mechanical aptitude" requirements. I used to be a bike mechanic for the Bicycle Racing Federation in Puerto Rico years ago (extra cash while I was in college). that's why I just can't wait to get down there and start my build.

Right now I'm living in New York City, so I don't even want to attempt it here.

jerseykat1

Thanks!

Your advice is sound for anyone, especially a newbie.

I've got the "mechanical aptitude" requirements. I used to be a bike mechanic for the Bicycle Racing Federation in Puerto Rico years ago (extra cash while I was in college). that's why I just can't wait to get down there and start my build.

Right now I'm living in New York City, so I don't even want to attempt it here.
why not? i don't think NYPD would care. tons of strange bikes riding around the city.