Another NooB in Montana

GoldenMotor.com

Donnda

Aug 16, 2011
S/W montana
Joined thins forum sometime back but have just been lurking.
I am an old guy (68) but feel like I am 15 inside and in my heart. I have owned dozens of motorcycles through the years.

So I am sitting around a few years ago and the "Voice" says to me "lets build a motorizes bike" Well I have been listening to that voice for years and I said why not? Now "The 'Voice' has gotten me into a lot of trouble thought out the years but thats another story.

Now I have a OCC Stingray and a 80cc, or what ever they says it measures out to, and the idea is to join them in matrimony.

I heard there is a motor mount kit that is better than using what ever the kit comes with and an exhaust pipe made by the same guy on Ebay but I have not been able to find it. Any body have some advise? Oh also the Stingray has no brake mechanisms where can I get them?

Oh I live in SW Montana by Butte Montana.

Well thats my introduction and thanks for the forum.

Donn

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. The OCC makes a difficult first build but it sounds like you are up to it. "Stingray Mounts" are sold on EBay and by some other vendors. Some guys hate them and some are OK with them; like non-welders.

D Man

Nov 7, 2011
Adelaide, Australia
Hey Donn, Welcome to the forum mate!
You are going to find everything you you need to know regarding your build on this forum..... I am a 50 year old aussie who has also answered the call and I have an occ sitting on my bench just icthin to be tinkered with. Best advice I can give you at this stage mate would be to down tools and read as much as you can on this forum about stingray and chopper builds. There have been some excellent posts with pictures and links to the engine mounting bracket you need and also how to solve the brake issue. Type 'Stingray' into the search bar at the top of this forum and you will find all the info you need to build your own. I look forward to seeing some photos as you progress.

D Man auflg

Attachments

Last edited:

Donnda

Aug 16, 2011
S/W montana
Yeah, I found and ordered the mount on Ebay and it came with free wheel tensionars. I also found and bought another OCC Stingray for $100 looksn like brand new.

Thanks for the welcome,
Donn