chain/tensioner question (how does mine look?)

GoldenMotor.com

bowlersp

Jun 29, 2008
take a look at these pictures and tell me if you think its lined up correctly. yesterday on the way home the chain came off and destroyed my rear wheel. i think it was because my chain was very loose (i could see it bouncing up and down slightly :eek: so i put on a new wheel and tightened/aligned the chain and idler pulley the best i could. what do you guys think? thanks.

Attachments

tibim

Jun 19, 2008
take a look at these pictures and tell me if you think its lined up correctly. yesterday on the way home the chain came off and destroyed my rear wheel. i think it was because my chain was very loose (i could see it bouncing up and down slightly :eek: so i put on a new wheel and tightened/aligned the chain and idler pulley the best i could. what do you guys think? thanks.
With your design of bike you could rid yourself of the problematic tensioner. Cut the chain to size and then slide the wheel back in its slot to achieve proper tension.

bowlersp

Jun 29, 2008
thanks for all the advice. i'm going to leave it be for now until the engine is broken in. i got about 150 miles to go!! anyway, i plan on riding it to work again tomorrow. we'll see how it goes!