Port intake on bicycle engine

GoldenMotor.com

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I just ported the works and made new gaskets.

First I attacked the intake manifold. I used a sander drum wheel - 80 grit - man how sweet. Went into the welds, made the flange match the tubing and then opened it up a bit. Also got the weld at the inside of the bend. Got the burr on the carb side.

Then I went after the exhaust manifold that came with my pocket bike pipe. Had to cut considerable material off the thick flange. Worked it nice and finished up with a 120 grit (or 140) wheel. It feels pretty smooth.

It doesn't amaze me how poorly these manifolds match - but wigga wigga the worst of all is how bad the stock exhaust GASKET matches - it blocks a LOT!! So even if you do nothing else, cut the Exhaust Gasket to fit the pipe - it should give some power.

The ports on the engine are decent sized - get the manifolds to match has to be worth something as GhostO's bike WAS faster than mine.

I have to get my new tires. Then new chain guard for The Kit. New air cleaner and expansion pipe. Power baby!!

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
Re: Port intake

Okay, last night I opened the bike up for a prolonged period of time on A1A , Daytona Beach, motor bikers dream come true, and grinding that lip off of the intake did make a noticable improvement on the engine. Lot more torque too.
Running with the Harleys, eh? :)

I'm your neighbor from down South in Palm Beach...I would love to cruise A1A or even on the hard packed beach one of these days. (Can you do that still?)

We were there July 4th last year, and it looked like you guys lost a lot of beach real-estate from the storms. At the time, there was no driving on the beach. Is that permanent now?

Now the improvement you're talking about....acceleration or top end or both? And how fast were you going?

Thanks,
Mark