20" KTMc GP Socal Racer

GoldenMotor.com

JohnDoe

Jul 13, 2016
East Texas....
Thanks 16v4.

John Doe, It was a 24" adult BMXer that I lengthened the front triangle for a longer wheelbase and increased the front rake and went to 20" wheels. The fairing will be used and is easy to duck behind. The seat happens to be 28" at the moment but may change if needed the first time on the track. And none of the bike is for looks, Im building it to race in the Socal Motor Bicycle Racing series to replace my current race bike.
That is so cool, I have see ware people will do that to cars, (Ricers) but it's nice to see that the fairings is not just for looks. Are you worried about touching knee, and what top speed are you expecting? Also when/ware are these races?

Sincerely,
John Doe

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.
John, the next race is in Apple Valley in So. Cal. on Oct 22. The track is a kart track and is only big enuff to hit around 45 mph.

CCC, Thanks. I already have a Repsol leather jacket so I did the bike to match. I also found a helmet in Repsol colors.

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.

Since Im done with all the fabrication I tore the bike all apart for final assembly (It was all just finger tight for mockup). I finally cut out the foam sheet for the seat padding and stuck it on. Now Im taking the engine apart for rebuilding, mild porting and new reeds and cage along with a new bigger carb.

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.
Got the engine work done except for the top end kit didn't have a head gasket, if that gets here tomorrow I will do the first test ride Sunday. I also put on a GPS speedo and tach and temp gauges.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
That looks awesome, your builds are always a treat to see! This might be a lame question but does enough air get through the fairing to cool the engine enough? Doesn't the motor require air flow to air cool it?

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.
Thanks Tyler, no cooling problem at all, the front of the fairing behind the front tire is a great big air duct that flows air directly onto the engine, the bike the fairing is off of is also air cooled and it has no cooling problems either. You can see the opening in this pic.....

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
Are you going to the Friday practice? Dan and I should be there Friday.
Yes, definitely, I need all the practice I can get! This will be only my third race but the first time at Grange I had mechanical difficulties in practice and didn't get to race but I did race Willow Springs. I will be there Friday as early as possible. Stop by my motorhome and say "hello", it's a faded brown older model Class A, 34' Fleetwood Bounder. I will be there with my friend Kevin who will be racing his bike for the second time. I can't wait to see your bike!

xct2