Converting my Morini S6 C to a S6 S

GoldenMotor.com

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I got to installing the pipe. It didn't dawn on me until today that the air cooled cylinder is wider than the h2o cooled one. I had two options:
1. Take it to the shop and re-twist the pipe
2. Pound the side of the pipe and make it fit.

Attachments

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Since I'm tight on time, I decided to pound and reshape the pipe until after the race then I'll take it to the shop and have it done correctly.
For now, the bike is almost ready. Only thing left to fix the old kick starter then see if it starts. If I can't fix the kick starter, I'll just find a plug and cover the water inlet.

Attachments

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I got the motor started today. It started on the 3rd kick but it sounded a little lean. I think I'm done playing with it for now but I'll play with the jetting on Friday when I get to the track since the track is at a higher elevation.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
The motor ran good but I need to go with a bigger main jet but that can wait for the next race so for now, the bike is getting prepped for a long nap in my shed.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
good reading ken, that oversized piston looks 10mm bigger whats it out of? cast or forged? thanks dennis

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
good reading ken, that oversized piston looks 10mm bigger whats it out of? cast or forged? thanks dennis
I'm pretty sure it's a cast piston thats for a kx65.
Namura Technologies makes the piston but I had to modify it to make it work.
Thanks for he shock Dennis, it works great.

Last edited: